Buying from Leisure Pro

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Right on...They are a NYC business on the second floor of some building...very few if any are divers, so I hear. So you won't get to many pieces of advice. I have used them but for small items and have had no problems. But I would be hesitant on bigger items needing to be serviced often.

My Christmas presents from me to me just arrived yesterday and more today from Scuba Toys. I am a very happy person tonight! I just want you to know that Joe and Kip at Scuba Toys were so nice to me and accomdating with my requests that I have been in a great mood since I place my order and an even better mood since my scuba toys arrived. I feel like a small child again. I have been deploying the long hose to my pretend dive buddy all evening :) If I can't get in the water for a bit to play with my toys, I can dream and pretend!!

Even though they were closeouts and I knew it at the time of purchase, I still couldn't be happier

So when the term "closeout" is mentioned then you know that it is a discontinued item and you do not feel you need to be told verbally.

garyfotodiver:
Heeeere we go again. Buy from whatever place you want. There are no SCUBA equipment purchace police.

Caveat Emptor, I say. Et tu, Brute, and Dulce et decorum pro patria mori, as well.

...what he said

Debraw:
So when the term "closeout" is mentioned then you know that it is a discontinued item and you do not feel you need to be told verbally.

So the Tusa fins advertised on your website for $59 in limited sizes are closeouts, discontinued, or what? The three other seller sites I checked have them (or something similar; it's so hard to tell any differences) listed for $129. How can you sell them for sooo much less? Are they, G-d forbid, grey market items?

I don't mean to be rude, but you do see my point.

This year I would like to replace my two venerable Conshelf SE3 regulator sets. My LDS's want to charge me several hundred dollars more for what I want than either LP or DD would. Actually, only one LDS carries the brand that I want. The others would sell me "something that is just as good." Sorry, but after diving for more than 36 years, I know what I want and will accept no substitutes. And, by the way Debra, from my browsing your site, I learn that you don't carry the brand I want either. So you can't match the price.

First I have not bought much equipment.
Second I am new to Scuba diving.
I have purchased from LP, but since I walked into the store does this make it my LDS?

They were helpful, they do have divers on staff. The do have stock to try-on.

garyfotodiver:
So the Tusa fins advertised on your website for $59 in limited sizes are closeouts, discontinued, or what? <SNIP>. How can you sell them for sooo much less? Are they, G-d forbid, grey market items? <SNIP>And, by the way Debra, from my browsing your site, I learn that you don't carry the brand I want either. So you can't match the price.

If you noticed along with that $59.00 price tag it says limited colors and sizes. - no they are not discontinued, just sitting in my stock WAY TO LONG. I can sell them for so much less because I am losing money on them. LOL! No way, no gray market items here! I wish. I wish I had the freedom to advertise and sell things for what I wanted! Gary, I am not the enemy. I am on the consumers side in the scuba world. Really, i know shocking, but it's for real.

I am not against LeisurePro. My husband bought his first Uwatec computer from them and we bought our first BCD's from them. We purchased our regulators and console computers in our OW class from a dive shop that is 5 hours from where we live. We bought out mask/fins.snorkel boots from a shop that was 15 minutes from where we live and where we went to take rescue through DM from and my husband went through instructor with them. We shopped for our BCD's, 2nd computer and training. 8 years ago when I searched the DFW metroplex for a decent shop with inventory, firendly staff, and pricing, I could not find it. We were dissapointed and we really tried to buy locally. We ended up going with our instruction decision based on the attitude of one staff member. That staff member is now working for me as my Course Director. That shop we used to go to closed, and I opened a month later.

I am fortunate that Scubatoys is my LDS and I have purchased ALL of my gear from them, and gotten all of my training from them. I have dealt with Greg, Kip, Rick, Joe and Larry. All have been well informed on their products and patient with my many questions, which I appreciate.

Most if not all of their employees are divers, many are Dive Masters, and some are instructors. They have steered me away from some gear that is not that great or needed and often to a less expensive alternative. They have beat or matched any price that I have thrown at them without attitude,and still give me the 10% discount for SB members. They welcome me to try my gear in their pool for free any time that I want and use as many tanks as I want.

They have demo nights showing new gear and will be hosting a demo night for the new Heads up display mask soon.

They offer onsite service at a reasonable price and service all of my gear annually.

I truly cant say enough good things about them. I have surfed other sites for gear and to compare prices but always seem to go back the the excellent service at Scubatoys.

Thanks for all your response. I ordered from LP Sherwood Avid BCD and Oceanic Isla BC for my wife. Hopefully will everything be OK. We want to start with jacket style BCD's and we read good review on those two model, so we go for them.
Milos

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom