CAD increases charter price

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Something struck me this morning...

If you sign a few people up (not sure if it's 2 or 3) at once on a CAD charter, whoever books it and reserves it on their credit card gets a free spot. What I typically do is reserve the slots with my friends and then divide the free spot amongst the few of us so we end up paying $40 or so.

It's an option, certainly not an airtight, always-applicable one, but it's worked for me quite a bit in the past.

decapoddiver:
Not sure about the prices for this year but Fran Marcoux is absolute best. I have been a few dive boats and have never been treated so nicely or had a better captain/crew. You need to be quick on his boat or he'll do everything for you :wink: He does 6 divers max and goes to all the same day places that CAD does. His boat is docked at Cape Ann Marina. I personally have never been too impressed with CAD. I got the feeling they were doing us a favor by taking us. Maybe I was just spoiled by Fran.
OK...call me ignorant but I don't know who Fran is. I have been a loyal lapdog of CAD for the past few years. I've never had a bad time with them and have luckily never been on their boats when it was jammed with divers ( just good luck I guess). But being interested in saving a few bucks where I can, do you have contact info for Fran, boat name, phone, etc.? Thanks for any info you can give me?

keelhaul123:
OK...call me ignorant but I don't know who Fran is. I have been a loyal lapdog of CAD for the past few years. I've never had a bad time with them and have luckily never been on their boats when it was jammed with divers ( just good luck I guess). But being interested in saving a few bucks where I can, do you have contact info for Fran, boat name, phone, etc.? Thanks for any info you can give me?

Fran Marcoux runs the Day Breaker out of CapeAnne Marina. Nice boat , good guy,
top notch. Will take you to spots CAD will probably not. 978-283-2338 is his number per the MWDC board.

G_M

p.s. this was not meant to denigrate CAD ... I have always been pleased with the way I've been treated.

I've never had any complaints about CAD's boats either, and wouldn't have any hesitation about going with them in the future (if Fran was booked up)... they're good.

I just prefer outstanding.

John/Mass-Diver:

I dove the Wreck of the City of Salisbury w/ BDS just beyond Graves Light last September or October and the viz was excellent for around here..probably at least 20 feet, maybe more(i suck at figuring that out). U/w topography was close to that of Cape Ann and the remains of the wreck were scattered everywhere and pretty broken up. I'd love to dive that site again and look for the supposedly intact bow section in around 85 fsw off the North side of the pinnacle. It's also a nice site because you can stay as shallow as 30 fsw, but maybe hit 85 to 90 fsw. That was the only time I dove the Graves area last year, but it was excellent and worth a few more dives there.

TwoTanks....30 ft of viz @ Harding's Ledge! Wow, I'll have to check it. Haven't been there since I was a teenager. Without giving away any secrets, how's the lobstering in that area?

LobstaMan

LobstaMan:
John/Mass-Diver:

I dove the Wreck of the City of Salisbury w/ BDS just beyond Graves Light last September or October and the viz was excellent for around here..probably at least 20 feet, maybe more(i suck at figuring that out). U/w topography was close to that of Cape Ann and the remains of the wreck were scattered everywhere and pretty broken up. I'd love to dive that site again and look for the supposedly intact bow section in around 85 fsw off the North side of the pinnacle. It's also a nice site because you can stay as shallow as 30 fsw, but maybe hit 85 to 90 fsw. That was the only time I dove the Graves area last year, but it was excellent and worth a few more dives there.

TwoTanks....30 ft of viz @ Harding's Ledge! Wow, I'll have to check it. Haven't been there since I was a teenager. Without giving away any secrets, how's the lobstering in that area?

LobstaMan

Thanks. That wreck is high on my list. 20' of vis is fine with me - I'm just not a big fan of 3-5' for deep dives. If I'm shallow and diving for bugs off the beach - maybe that's cool. But, when I pay for a charter dive, I always want decent vis - for me (even with my 18watt HID for team signaling) it's stressful to be at 80 or 90' in that low vis and it's just not an enjoyable dive.

When of think of the NS - I think great vis, granite bottom. When I think of the SS - I think of massive algal blooms and murkey water running out of Boston Harbor. But, this summer, I'm going to make an effort to do a good deal of fun/non-working dives on the SS and get a good picture of what the offshore vis is like throughout the season.

Thanks for all the kind words. No one is more anxious to get the season started than we are. The boat should be in the water around April 1. We have changed the Marina we will be working out of. I spent the winter looking around the areas marinas and have settled on Shipyard Marina in East Boston. It is minutes from downtown and the ride to our divesites will be much shorter.
It is easy to see why everyones rates are going up. Fuel and marina fees are through the roof. This move will allow us to keep our rated the same.
See you all soon hopefully. Thanks again. Capt. Pat

Boston Diver Services:
Thanks for all the kind words. No one is more anxious to get the season started than we are. The boat should be in the water around April 1. We have changed the Marina we will be working out of. I spent the winter looking around the areas marinas and have settled on Shipyard Marina in East Boston. It is minutes from downtown and the ride to our divesites will be much shorter.
It is easy to see why everyones rates are going up. Fuel and marina fees are through the roof. This move will allow us to keep our rated the same.
See you all soon hopefully. Thanks again. Capt. Pat

Is that marina near the Coast Guard station? Coming for the South Shore, do I need to cross the Mystic? Thanks

Here is a link http://www.bhsmarina.com/index.shtml

The best way from the south shore is through the tunnel. It literally takes 10 min. from town. The Coast Guard base is located in the North End. The shipyard marina is closer to Logan.

Boston Diver Services:
Here is a link http://www.bhsmarina.com/index.shtml

The best way from the south shore is through the tunnel. It literally takes 10 min. from town. The Coast Guard base is located in the North End. The shipyard marina is closer to Logan.

Thanks for the link, I know right where it is now - that's much closer for me than driving to Cape Ann.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom