CAD increases charter price

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

STOGEY:
Their prices are very similar to the 65- 70 dollar range. With the rising of gas and insurance prices rising, if you want these charters to stay in business they will have to raise prices a little to keep up with the cost of business.

Stogey -
Your Cozumel charter probably offered tanks and weights with their boat charter fee....which has added value to what we receive on New England charters so a direct comparison isn't really fair.

minigirl:
Your Cozumel charter probably offered tanks and weights with their boat charter fee....which has added value to what we receive on New England charters so a direct comparison isn't really fair.
Excellent point!

We don't even get free airfills.

minigirl:
Stogey -

True, but when I went I brought almost everything with me except weights. Next year when I go I plan to do the same except bring the weight belt minus the weights. I noticed quite a few people and had a few problems with the weight belts myself,(usually the lask of maintenance and over use). At one point I was going to wrap my rented weight belt around one of my arms just to complete the dive.

eab:
Looks like Cape Ann Divers has increased their charter price from $60 to $70 for the half day, two tank trips.

Anyone use a different boat operator, and how do they compare in terms of general operations, dafety, service, cost, dive sites, and so on?

Thanks.

With all due respect to CAD, Cape Ann Marina is THE most expensive marina on the North Shore. For recreational boats they are at $145 per foot, plus $45 per month for one electrical drop.

As I understand it, the commercial guys pay more than that. Tack on gas at an all time high and a $10 increase doesn't sound that bad if you're getting good service.

abouttime:
With all due respect to CAD, Cape Ann Marina is THE most expensive marina on the North Shore. For recreational boats they are at $145 per foot, plus $45 per month for one electrical drop.

As I understand it, the commercial guys pay more than that. Tack on gas at an all time high and a $10 increase doesn't sound that bad if you're getting good service.
I'm curious to see if the other operators will follow suit. Time will tell.

abouttime:
So... why do they use that Marina if it's so expensive? Is it just because they can run a lot of short trips to the Polling from there? Personally, I'd be just as happy to drive my gear somewhere else if it meant a lower price for a good charter (see you in East Boston Pat).

Of course, in Fran's case, I'll drive to where ever he ties up.

abouttime:

Docking fees, gas, insurance...it matters not to me. All I know is that CAD has the best SI peanut butter and jelly sandwiches on the eastcoast! I go for the calories!

MSilvia:
Yeah. At least, his is one of the boats over there. I think there are others (Easy Diver?) but I'm not sure.

Yes, Easy Diver is the docked a few slips over from CADs. We don't go to the Poling but we go all over the Cape. The cost this year is $60.00 (I think, Fred hasn't set the fee yet) for a two tank dive. We also don't leave until 10am, so you can sleep late and still make the boat.

If you are going to the Rovers we will be there, usually we are just inside the back door.

Our web-site is easy-diver.com. Happy diving!

MSilvia:
So... why do they use that Marina if it's so expensive? Is it just because they can run a lot of short trips to the Polling from there? Personally, I'd be just as happy to drive my gear somewhere else if it meant a lower price for a good charter (see you in East Boston Pat).

Of course, in Fran's case, I'll drive to where ever he ties up.

The thing with Cape Ann Marina is...it's a full service marina and has the best location. That's usually gonna equal higher prices.

Leaving from CAM you can almost always save the day. If the wind is blowing hard from the South, you head out toward Ipswich Bay and dive/beach in the lee of the wind. If the wind is blowing from the NE, you head of the harbor and dive/beach in the lee of the wind.

Plus, all the dive sites are really close which means you spend less time banging around in the boat.

keelhaul123:
All I know is that CAD has the best SI peanut butter and jelly sandwiches on the eastcoast! I go for the calories!
You've gotta try Fran's boat then... he's got better food than CAD too. :)

Back
Top Bottom