Cairns: Looking for Suggestions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I was in Cairns in October, 2005...I would definitely second the Taka Dive choice. I did a 4-day liveaboard. Their boat is fantastic, the crew is friendly and helpful, the cabins all have private toilets and showers, they are roomy, the divemasters are knowledgeable, and the chef is amazing. I had such a great time...did 10 dives, including 2 night dives. Make sure you purchase a video of your dives.
Cheers,
Doug

I was in Cairns last month on a stopover from PNG. We went out on Pro Dive 3nt/2day trip. I was very dissappointed with Pro Dive (see my post http://www.scubaboard.com/showthread.php?t=121381). And I would not recommend them. As for accomodations, we stayed at the Cairns Colonial Club, I would highly recommend them.

We too went to Kurunda and did the sky rail. The sky rail was great. Unfortunately we did not have any more time to do anything else.

I'll be headed down under and hope to get on a liveaboard for a few days, unfortunately it will be in april - i've heard various comments about this being in the cyclone season etc. But does anyone have any idea what weather conditions we can expect to enounter say week3 in April - What would the diving be like towards the middle of April?

thanks

Back
Top Bottom