Cairns Reef Trip Recommendations

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Samsee

Registered
Reaction score
Hi All,

Firstly I apologise if this has been asked before as I'm sure it has!

Can anyone recommend a company in Cairns to do reef dives. I'll be going out next year and want some advice.

Many thanks

Day trip or overnight?

The are some great ones up there. Check out a list of the day trips here and over night ones here.

When are you looking to go?

Best trips would be the overnight ones to the Ribbon Reef and Far North (e.g. Mike Ball , Spirit of Freedom and Ocean Quest again during Mine Wale season (June and July)) then those to the Outer Reef e.g. Ocean Quest, Scubapro and Kangaroo Explorer).

It would be Day trip and probably February

I spent the month of November in Australia with 2 weeks diving in Cairns. I used Deep Sea Divers Den for both my live aboard experiences and they were great. I don't recommend the daily trips with them as their boat is very full however if you do a 2 night live aboard I recommend them as they were very friendly, food was good, diving was amazing and still can't get over the reef/coral and fish.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom