Camiguin Sunken Cemetery

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

bing.:
hmmm... ok, 1 week of boozing? i'll do my best haha ;^D too bad you're going to miss the Kadayawan Festival.

what time you getting in on the 20th? we're diving that day, mushroom and punk rock, would love to have you onboard, that is if you can "disappear" for a few hours from work :eyebrow:
well i'm not working yet on the 20th... career talks kasi sa diff schools in the area... so no classes on monday... don't know what time i get in yet, but chances are i won't be able to dive...

doesn't have to be a week of boozing... a night or two later in the week would be perfect... i'll spend the 1st few nights writing my thesis... or trying to at least hahahahaha

Jag

There's no cemetery visible anymore.
The actual cemetery flooded in the mid 19th century, it's been overgrown with corals since then, so over 150 years.
20 years ago the local authorities PLACED 2 crosses in the dive site. One in 18 meters, one in 11 meters. They're not part of the actual cemetery, but artificial.

If you come here to see tombstones and skeletons, you'll be in for a disappointment. The only memory of it being a cemetery is the big-ass cross on the surface.

The three most deceptively named dive sites in Camiguin |

It's a good dive site, lots of healthy corals, and good fish life, also larger rabbit fish and parrot fish, which have been fished out in many other places; large gropers, too. The cemetery, which slid into the ocean after an earthquake about 100 years ago, is overgrown by now. There is a large concrete cross, which was sank much later, that's about the only part which distinguishes the place from a "regular" reef. Still, very very worth diving the place!

Here is a shot I took there last year:
15802087816_ff1c816ac5.jpg

Back
Top Bottom