Can I get opinions on the E8-119 VS. The old PST HP 100's

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jackknife

Reaction score
Anybody like the new E8-119's, compared to the older HP100's? Can I get some feedback?

Are you able to take off more weight off the belt, the difference in weight is around 7 lbs. the diameter of the E8-119 tank is 8", compared to 7.25" for the HP 100's.

Interested in getting this tank, but I want to know all the pro's and con's from those who have personally experienced for themselves. If it's going to cause me to use more air than before cause I have to deal with the extra drag and weight, I wouldn't think it would be worth it.

I have a pair of E8-130's and I LOVE 'em.

I've dropped a few pounds off the weight belt...but I was diving w/ smaller tanks anyway.

I don't find I really use much more air - pretty much unnoticeable. They are very, very nice tanks!!

The cool thing about them is this...if you get a proper fill, you get the full 130 in them. If you can only get them filled to 3000psi, you still have a 120 on your back. And, if for some reason you can only get low pressure fills you still have a 104 which is still a pretty good amount of air for most diving.

to anyplace that lists the new specs on the E8s and E7s, the PST scuba website only lists the aquapro and aquasport tanks.

Any place that has the new spec as far as sizes, weight, and capacity?

or am I looking at the wrong website? I was looking at PSTSCUBA.com

Back
Top Bottom