canon g16

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

There are 3 separate things:

1. That specific idea for the Nauticam nikonos bulkhead unfortunately they did not consider fully the implications of the camera ergonomics before going ahead.
2. Having said that the housing has an M16 accessory port. For example also the Nauticam G16 housing has the same port now what I am saying that for that housing (for which there is no TTL converter) it is MUCH better to have a vacuum leak detector than using a nikonos connection. This because you are protecting the investment and even if you do run out of battery (you may do that if you shoot video regardless of the wired cord) you can change it quickly close the housing and check for leaks in your surface interval. Now for me this is a better ay to use that port than the nikonos
3. TTL is good I have no problems with that but you can obtain that with an Inon strobe (D2000 upwards as explained to the op)

So you can achieve all things TTL+Vacuum leak detector with a housing with an M16 accessory port. The op has already ordered a nauticam housing so there is no point talking about ikelite and TTL converter as he aint gonna have one

There are 3 separate things:

1. That specific idea for the Nauticam nikonos bulkhead unfortunately they did not consider fully the implications of the camera ergonomics before going ahead.
2. Having said that the housing has an M16 accessory port. For example also the Nauticam G16 housing has the same port now what I am saying that for that housing (for which there is no TTL converter) it is MUCH better to have a vacuum leak detector than using a nikonos connection. This because you are protecting the investment and even if you do run out of battery (you may do that if you shoot video regardless of the wired cord) you can change it quickly close the housing and check for leaks in your surface interval. Now for me this is a better ay to use that port than the nikonos
3. TTL is good I have no problems with that but you can obtain that with an Inon strobe (D2000 upwards as explained to the op)

So you can achieve all things TTL+Vacuum leak detector with a housing with an M16 accessory port. The op has already ordered a nauticam housing so there is no point talking about ikelite and TTL converter as he aint gonna have one

Not sure why you say no point in talking about it, the person was asking about different housings and their advantages I gave my opinions on that answer, and so have you. You seem to have a consistent problem in separating opinions and facts though.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom