Carrying aluminum 80's around?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have a similar setup to TeamCasa. I have both the medium sized and large sized Stanley roller tool carriers. The large size is a beast, but I can get two AL80's in it along with all my dive gear sans my Drysuit. Unfortunately that is ONE BIG roller, so I am using it for my.... Tools... of all the silly things! :D

The medium sized Stanley is really a nice size. I generally leave the top tray that comes with it in place, and in that I stuff my computers, tools, various small items, and save a dive stuff. I also put my wallet, keys, and other stuff in the top tray when I'm diving assuming I have this locked in a car, or have non-divers on the lookout. With the tray in place I can get all my dive gear inside sans the drysuit and tanks. I can get the drysuit in it if I pull the tray, so it kinda depends on what I want to do.

I don't have CAM bands installed, but I'm working on something similar just using tiedown straps with the CAMs. These are a LOT less expensive than scuba CAM bands which generally run in the $50 range for a pair. I think a pair of tie down straps at Costco or Wallmart was in the $15 range.

I have a similar setup to TeamCasa. I have both the medium sized and large sized Stanley roller tool carriers. The large size is a beast, but I can get two AL80's in it along with all my dive gear sans my Drysuit. Unfortunately that is ONE BIG roller, so I am using it for my.... Tools... of all the silly things! :D

The medium sized Stanley is really a nice size. I can get all my dive gear in it, and I leave the top tray that comes with it in place, and in that I stuff my computers, tools, various small items, and save a dive stuff. With the tray in place I can get all my dive gear inside sans the drysuit and tanks. I can get the drysuit in it if I pull the tray, so it kinda depends on what I want to do.

I don't have CAM bands installed, but I'm working on something similar just using tiedown straps with the CAMs. These are a LOT less expensive than scuba CAM bands with generally run in the $50 range for a pair.

I too use both, the big one for me and the smaller one for my lovely bride. Interestingly enough, the larger one has a smaller tote tray than the smaller one. I use it for all sorts of stuff and don’t use the one in the smaller one at all.

As for cam straps I use these from DSS. It's always nice to carry an extra strap anyway!

Dave

Awesome!

I was talking about getting the tanks from the house to the truck to the dive shop for fills and then back to the truck then to the boat and or quarry or shore.

Just carrying them by the valve is already getting old.

I work hard for a living and when I'm playing I dont want to work at all. :wink:

This thread rocks.

to the dive shop for fills and then back to the truck
You mean your dive shop doesn't do this for you already? What a shame!

Back
Top Bottom