Cave Cave Cave... what's the deal?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Duncan Price once bubbled...
Oh .... at they are not filled with clear warm water either.

There are lots of caves filled with clear warm water... maybe not in the UK but in FL, Mexico, Dominican Rep., Brazil, Saudi Arabia... etc. etc.

I'd put sumps in a totally different category than cave diving. None of the cave divers I know have any interest in dry caves or 0 vis 50 degree water. :wink:

DSAO!

WYDT once bubbled...

There are lots of caves filled with clear warm water... maybe not in the UK but in FL, Mexico, Dominican Rep., Brazil, Saudi Arabia... etc. etc.

I'd put sumps in a totally different category than cave diving. None of the cave divers I know have any interest in dry caves or 0 vis 50 degree water. :wink:

I missed out "all" - i.e.

Not all caves are filled with clear warm water

I'd reccommend developing an interest in "dry caves" if possible - it will help one's appreciation of (and safety in) flooded ones. I've seen a lot of "cave divers" miss stuff that sump divers spot (like the way on in a number of caves).

Duncan

Duncan Price once bubbled...

I missed out "all" - i.e.

Not all caves are filled with clear warm water

I'd reccommend developing an interest in "dry caves" if possible - it will help one's appreciation of (and safety in) flooded ones. I've seen a lot of "cave divers" miss stuff that sump divers spot (like the way on in a number of caves).

Duncan

I thought that's probably what you meant.... I have been in some dry caves and enjoyed it but there aren't any (I know of) around me now and I really don't need to become obsessed about something else... don't have enough time as it is... haha..

How's "Linus"? Are you sleeping together yet? Is Lee jealous??
:D

chickdiver once bubbled...
How's "Linus"? Are you sleeping together yet? Is Lee jealous??
:D

Wow! Lets get a little personal here why dont we??

"Linus" is wydt's new Gavin, Lee is hid cave diving wife. :wink:

chickdiver once bubbled...
"Linus" is wydt's new Gavin, Lee is hid cave diving wife. :wink:

Ya just hadda go and ruin it for me didntcha???

WYDT once bubbled...

I have been in some dry caves and enjoyed it but there aren't any (I know of) around me now and I really don't need to become obsessed about something else... don't have enough time as it is... haha..

There are loads and loads of dry caves in Georgia, Tennessee and Alabama. Done some.

Also see the CDG Gallery for more photos.

Duncan

"Cave diving the Yucatan." Its only like $30 and its worth it.

It may answer some of your questions.

One of the scubaboarders is in it.

TwoBit

TwoBitTxn once bubbled...
"Cave diving the Yucatan." Its only like $30 and its worth it.

It may answer some of your questions.

One of the scubaboarders is in it.

TwoBit

This should be the website: http://subaquaproductions.com/

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom