Cave Cave Cave... what's the deal?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

There is nothing interesting in a cave. There is no reason anyone should enter an underwater cave. Don't do it.

Leave them for me :wink:

Divesherpa:
There is nothing interesting in a cave. There is no reason anyone should enter an underwater cave. Don't do it.

Leave them for me :wink:

I suppose cave diving is like why does the chicken cross the road? Going down to Florida next week for certification... any tips?

Wet Willy:
I suppose cave diving is like why does the chicken cross the road? Going down to Florida next week for certification... any tips?

Ramain calm,
LISTEN to your instructor,
WATCH your instructor,
Roll with the punches, you will deal with multiple problems in an alien environment.

Have fun, but be aware that there is a real chance you will not pass. Cave instructors are not the least bit afraid to fail students, and remember, this is a good thing.

Mark Vlahos

There is plenty to see in a cave - everything from geological formations to creatures that have never seen the light of day. It is exploration at its best and with the right training, attitude and equipment (and adhering to the three cardinal rules of cave diving) - it is form of diving I'll take over Open Water anytime.

Wet Willy:

Make sure you breathe out of the end with the mouthpiece. It doesn't work so well the other way! :eyebrow:

Try as hard as you can to do a good job. Know that when you are completed that you don't know **** except how to stay alive on a simple cave dive. Most importantly, have fun as that is what it's all about.

One more thing, don't eat the hotdogs at the Luraville store. Eat at the BBQ dive in town. It's twice as good the second time :wink:

Cave diving is amazing.

I will never forget the first time in a cave. Following my instructor, trying to get down the ear, watching the tie off, and then actually swimming into the cave. I remember looking back and getting really, really scared that I couldn't see any light. Then I looked ahead, and saw my instructor floating near the ceiling, his bright light like a laser illuminating all of the formations...i was in awe. On my knees, tears in my eyes awe. I will never, ever forget it. I still get a little bit of that feeling every time I enter a cave. Rapture. Bliss. Happiness. There is something about a cave.

The albino brittle starfish in Aerolito.
The peanut tunnel in Peacock.
Riding the flow out of devils - beats any rollercoaster any day of the week.
The junction in devils - it's just soooo cool looking.

It's amazing, so beautiful.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom