cave depths

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Okay, I guess my bleeding heart appeal isn't going to get much traction...

kotik,
takes balls...

OK, here goes again. :sigh:

@ grassgreen:

As I said before, I had an amazing IANTD cave instructor. We discussed at length the logic of taking an “Outsider’s” money and progressing him/her through full cave training as rapidly and as safely as possible. A guided tour. Most likely the cave student will never manage to find their way back to cave country to hurt themselves. Thus, they endured the most minimal exposure to a very dangerous environment while getting the adventure that drew them in the first place. A pinnacle cert card. They wanted the blue pill. I've heard that some teach to this standard, sounds like yours did.

You have your cave card, but you persist.

Read Amazon.com: Basic Cave Diving: A Blueprint for Survival (9789994663378): Sheck Exley: Books then take the red pill. Or just forget that all this happened…

Last edited:
Can somebody draw another picture for me? I'm starting to get it but math was never my thing.
So, when the white heavy rocks are pushing down, but we have a little bubble of air above us, but there's a column of water coming down in a squiqqly line, which pressure were we supposed to calculate again? How come those rocks don't crush the divers? I was reading about a diver in a mine with lots of shoring? How come the mine didn't collapse?
Okay, sorry, I'm blonde but just kidding ya.
Actually in the copper mines where I come from (they where in buisness 1545-1945 so that mountain is like a swiss cheese) lots of people has been crushed by the pressure of the mountain above the mine shafts...

...When the mineshafts collapsed

Blackwood,

By the way this is my little blue that keeps me awake at night. Maybe she can help greengrass out with his understanding of pressure, especially in caves!! PS: She is not an instructor.

IMG_2965.jpg

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom