Cave Diving Fact Find

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I think I've just dislocated a rib laughing over that one!

LOL yeah you know a guys gotta swing sometime, what goes on in vegas stays in vegas LOL Naw I think I would make a pretty ugly women and Ill still got sometime to go until i get to 35. I sent him the right info on that one.

He looks much more masculine in the right page, I'll give him that with no contest.

I figured out how to set up the profile on here a little better now LOL ive been called alot of things but thats got to be the best!!

Well if you want to get your feet wet on cave diving check out Vortex springs here in good old florida they have one of the most user friendly caves that ive seen. Now keep in mind with any diving stay within your comfert zone. How ever if your crazy like I am its a great cave to dive with little to no training. Ive logged at least 10 or so dives there and half way into the cave theres lighting installed all the way down to the bottom at 111 feet where it stops at a gate. You can go past the gate provideing proof of proper training at the dive shop they will give you a key but 111 ft in a underwater cave with no training is good enough for me. Like I said im a little crazy so dive within your limits. Check it out vortexsprings.com

Keeping thinking and diving like this and someone else will be raising that innocent little baby in your profile picture. You can run a stop sign 99 times in a row but on that 100th time a semi is going to t-bone you; let this serve as an example for what's going to happen to you if you keep diving above your limits. Further more you need to stop telling people to go try cave diving in OW friendly caves, there is no such thing as an OW friendly cave. One more thing, please buy a spell checker!

well theres alot of things in life you shouldnt do period like riding a wheelie 6 miles at 70 MPH. or stunt riding in the middle of traffic. But when god says your a dumb ass and takes my life for being an idiot I can look back and know I did have the chance to live. Same thing behind why jump out of a perfectly good airplane? Thanks for your concern and YES by all means TRAINING IS VERY IMPORTANT and you should follow the rules. but thats why you have people that can look back and say yup I did that and others that say No thanks I need a book to teach me what I need to know. Keeping in mind I may be a little crazy but I always dive in numbers. Thats my safety net if I should fall. Im sorry though if I miss lead anyone ill keep my illegal scuba adventures to my self.

LastMate,
I am glad to report you have my vote for the dumbest person to ever post on this board. You should be ashamed of yourself, but my bet is that you are proud of yourself. What really worries me is the fact that on your profile you say your occupation is a 'crew chief in the USAF on F-22's'. I would hope the people on your crew do not have to be your SAFETY NET, like you claim your fellow divers are. You must not relize a dive team is only as strong as it's weakest link and you must be it. I trust you know nothing about cave diving as your profile says your diving aluminum 100's - I bet you don't even know those tanks have about a 10 pound swing in weight-sorry, bet you don't know or care about that. I would hope your written reports to your CO are better than your posts here, where did you learn to write?

I would like you to tell everyone your real first and last name so when we see the article in the paper about your death we will know it was you. So---who are you?

Brian Kendall
Full cave diver

LM - as you can see many don't bother to read anything but the first couple posts... I see you have come 'round a bit and are realizing how your thinking is flawed. Kudos to you for listening to some here (those you thanked really do know of what they speak). That said, this thread is prolly going to continue with people bashing instead of picking up where it "clicked" with you. Note that you, as the OP, can have your thread closed. Let a mod know and it shall be done. :cool2:

Did he come around? I didn't see where he said he wasn't going to continue making foolish decisions while diving anywhere.

Did he come around? I didn't see where he said he wasn't going to continue making foolish decisions while diving anywhere.

Seems Docc got the point across as did Dive-Aholic, per the OP himself (he even thanked them). Looks as though DA definitely got the point across so much so LM will be taking him up on a dive offer. Remember, you don't know what you don't know. Hopefully DA can enlighten our OP even more without running him off from a group that should be teaching/leading at this point - not bashing. You've opened his eyes so perhaps enlightening him even more and helping would do more good than to continue the bashing. The point was made - now let's go to the next step.

LastMate,
I ask you to reconsider diving in caves without the proper training, gear and team mates. You see, cavers are passionate about what they do. They're mature, highly trained, experienced divers that understand the dangers of entering a cave system unprepared due to lack of training. Listen to them, they know what they're talking about. It scares them to death to hear of someone entering a cave without the training and certification, know one wants you dead, and if you continue to dive as you've described, you will die in a cave. The question won't be if, it will be when. Someone has already given you the correct advise, spend the time perfecting your skills, spend the money purchasing the correct gear and get the proper training. An acquaintance of mine was recovered from a cave last week because he did none of the above. Think about it. :palmtree: Bob

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom