Cave diving instructor

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

lunaire

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hi all,

Any recommendation for a cavern instructor in Cave country FL? My old instructor is unavailable...

It's for my partner -- need someone that's patient & safe, in sidemount configuration.

Feel free to DM me.

Scott Davenport of Earth Immersion. Great guy, patient, good sense of humor. only dives SM. I did some guided dives with him the last two Decembers. The first year was “intro to flow” as I’d done intro at a location with no flow. Even with guided dives, he was willing to give feedback if you asked for it.

To give you an idea of his patience - he’s a former high school teacher and runs a scuba summer camp for teens.

First, perhaps some clarification. In your thread title, you say "cave diving instructor," but in your thread you ask for a recommendation for a "cavern instructor."

I did the time-honored route to cave diving that begins with a cavern course, then later Intro to Cave, etc., but I am not sure many instructors nowadays teach a standalone cavern course; it seems the cavern training is now more typically just the first couple of days of Intro to Cave. But I'm not an instructor and really have no idea.

@Capt Jim Wyatt?
@kensuf?

First, perhaps some clarification. In your thread title, you say "cave diving instructor," but in your thread you ask for a recommendation for a "cavern instructor."

I did the time-honored route to cave diving that begins with a cavern course, then later Intro to Cave, etc., but I am not sure many instructors nowadays teach a standalone cavern course; it seems the cavern training is now more typically just the first couple of days of Intro to Cave. But I'm not an instructor and really have no idea.

@Capt Jim Wyatt?
@kensuf?
The instructor I recommended does do a stand alone cavern course.

I do a stand alone cavern course too.

For sidemount in the High Springs area, I'd strongly recommend Joe Seda. About Joe | sidemounting.com

I haven't personally had him as an instructor, but had friends that have and I've also heard good things about Joe Seda (they were in sidemount). My own instructor was Chris Brock, who I think is a great cave(rn) instructor, but Seda will have more experience with sidemount specifically.

Timmy Young teaches and dives sidemount - dives sidemount exclusively. Another great instructor here in North Florida.

Thank you all for the suggestions. I forwarded to my partner. Hope she won't be scared off from overhead diving!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom