Cavern Class!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Just wondering: Not counting travel + room and board, what can a diver expect to pay to take a cavern class today?

If you have at least two people in the class you are looking at $300 per person.

Thanks. That's really not much for what the course covers and the amount of skills it teaches - not to mention how much fun it is.

Thanks. That's really not much for what the course covers and the amount of skills it teaches - not to mention how much fun it is.

I agree

Gregg at Wakulla Dive Center told us about discount lodging in Wakulla, and closer to our dive sites (High Springs, FL). He does fills by the cubic foot, so that was cheap too. Peacock Springs is something like $4 per car to enter, and Ginnie is around $30 per diver.

The only gear he strongly suggested we have beyond typical OW gear was non-split fins, because they're no good for frog kicks. You should also bring your own reel, but Gregg had spares in case anyone needed them.

This was by far the most fun class I have taken to date.

He does fills by the cubic foot, so that was cheap too.

You just can't beat getting fills by the cubic foot. I am totally spoiled now. I can't take my tanks to my LDS.

LOL. 2 More dives in the books!

I was just going with a buddy to pick up some "Stuff" From Ed's while out doing a job, but once we firmed our plans the thought of taking dive gear started and soon we were committed to a dive at Morrison, but after we saw Kevin and Mat at Ed's we changed our minds and headed to JB. Good Call!

BTW, Ed talked highly of the new Intova LED Dive light which is 220 Lumens and looks like it would hold 2 C Cell batteries, but it holds 6 x AA batteries. Man is this thing powerful! I turned my canister light off and used it the whole dive, and i think it out shined my buddies canister light! Good call and an unbelievable deal!

The Intova Ultra Nova is a really nice light. I saw Rob use it during my intro class and I was very impressed. Edd has a killer deal on them.

Back
Top Bottom