Cayman Aggressor V becomes the BVI Aggressor, IV returns to Cayman

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I can't easily get there from Philadelphia, off the list.

Agreed- I looked at when they first listed the weeks, and it would take over a day to get there from Detroit.

DTW-ATL-SQM-EIS if I remember right- some crazy 3 legged journey!

I have heard many times that the BVI's are considered some of the best diving in the Caribbean.
I'm curious about this. The BVIs as a dive destination don't come up often on ScubaBoard, and when they did, it tended to involve either mention of the wreck of the Rhone, or the liveaboard Cuan Law, which was rarely reported on and when discussed sounded like a broader activities offering than most liveaboards, which tend to be heavily dive-centric. The linked webpage even says it's ideal for family get-togethers and celebrations. It's now part of the All Star Liveaboards fleet (their page), looks a bit pricy and only offers up to 16 dives?

That sounds like such an unusual business model compared to other liveaboards that I wondered how it survived, or on the other hand why we don't see more operating like it. What's so special about the BVIs area?

If the BVIs are really on par with Little Cayman's Bloody Bay Wall (often thought of as amongst the best Caribbean diving, which is why I'm citing it), Cayman Brac and the outer atolls of Belize, given their location doesn't look too out-of-the-way and English is expected to be the language, why aren't they a much greater 'brand' in regional dive destinations?

I also wonder how their diving compares to the USVIs. I've got 4 dives in at St. Thomas (nice diving, general Caribbean type, shallow over flat bottom, I'd say viz. around 50 feet?) and 17 at St. Croix (good diving, but not on par with Little Cayman or the outer atolls of Belize via liveaboard). St. Croix as a somewhat small but consistent following on ScubaBoard; St. Thomas seems mainly dove on cruise stops, though we see rare reports of more dedicated dive trips.

I'm very curious to see trip reports for the BVI Aggressor.

The Aggressor website claims that the maiden voyage of the Cayman Aggressor IV was on Feb 4, 2023; does anyone know if it really happened?

Nope...I was looking for the same info, but haven't seen an adventure log or anything yet. I got an email from them claiming the voyage happened 2/4 so would be curious if anybody runs across a trip report or something somewhere. I am booked on her in May.

Nope...I was looking for the same info, but haven't seen an adventure log or anything yet. I got an email from them claiming the voyage happened 2/4 so would be curious if anybody runs across a trip report or something somewhere. I am booked on her in May.
Saw it at various West side Grand Cayman moorings this week, in port now.

The Aggressor website claims that the maiden voyage of the Cayman Aggressor IV was on Feb 4, 2023; does anyone know if it really happened?

Yes it did. I was on the boat from Feb 11 to 18. I saw the previous week's passengers disembark.
The boat still has some issues and they are working on fixing them.
Examples:
The main coffee maker was not working for my cruise. An electrician was brought in and fixed the wiring on Friday Feb 18.
The door handle between the salon and dive deck broke.
The welds that held the starboard side hand rail for the dive ladder gave way.
The nitrox membrane system was not working so we dove air. This really really sucked.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom