Cayman Brac Beach Resort

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

JPTM

Registered
Reaction score
Hi,

I'm considering Cayman Brac Beech Resort for one week of diving in New Year. Anyone been there recently and have any tips or recommendations?

Take care

Was nice. Hope everyone is a diver. Not much else to do.

I thought the food was good. My wife, well she is a little picky and she said it was only o.k. However niether of us went hungry.

As for the diving, ReefDivers is incredible. Once you set up you gear that it. Except for taking you personals (mask, fins, suit) back to the storage area. You just go to the back of the boat and they bring you bc to you. No waddling around on the boat!

I personnally would try to get on Chris's boat. She was a great DM/Captain.

And by all means, do whatever it takes to go to Little Cayman for the wall dives. We even kicked someone to another boat who thought the channel was to rough. What are 10ft plus waves when the best wall dive in the world is calling!!!

Hope this helps:)

Hi, JPTM!

We have used both Divi Tiara (resort and dive shop) and Reef Divers (best t-shirt on the island!) and we thought they were both good outfits. Grab the book by Lawson Wood on "The Dive Sites of the Cayman Islands" to get some idea about the diving you can do. If you see something in the book that interests you, you can frequenly be successful in convincing the dive staff.

Bloody Bay Wall on Little Cayman is the class act of the whole Cayman group! However, that boat ride can be a doozy: if you are prone to mal de mer, you can have a very gut wrenching experience. BUT it is the very best diving! You will no doubt be given the opportunity to dive the Tibbets. This is a former Russian warship that was purchased by the Caymans, named after a scion of the local "ruling" family and sunk for scuba divers. So far, not too much has gathered on it, but it is worth one dive. Lots to see on the Brac reefs--we saw lots and lots of free-swimming morays during the day--so enjoy!

Just in front of your digs will be the Captain's Table, a decent restaurant. Divi Tiara and Brac Caribbean Beach Village serve good meals, too. My advice: steer clear of Aunt Sha's Kitchen and La Esperanza--something about the cleanliness got to us!

Bike rides around are kinda fun in your off hours and there is a rental car place just down the road from you. Rent a car for the day and tour around just for the fun of it. But, really, there is not too much to see!

Hope this helps,

Scorpionfish

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom