Cayman Brac/Little Cayman Dive Report

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have to agree with you on the choices, but I would say Little Cayman, Provo, then Coz., the last time at Coz the fish life seemed way,way down. In fact, fish life is better on Bonaire (small stuff), but the vis in Coz is better.
Good trip report, the food we've had at LCBR was very good too. The food at the Divi is excellante, but when we've eaten at the Brac Reef.......not too good.
There's a ton of sites that you havent done on the north side of the Brac, that are deep but awesome as LC., but really LC is the best. because you don't have to go deep to see amazing stuff.

Glad you had a good time,
Caymaniac

Like I said its like someone asking you which is better: filet mignon or chocolate. There is something to be said for both.

memories back !

I got hooked on this scuba lark courtesy of Reef Divers on the Brac.

Great bunch of people, I assume Craig is still there ?

My qualifying dive was on Tibbetts which at the time to me was just a big boat ! How we laugh now when I tell people ! It just didnt mean anything special to me :D

Thanks again, great trip report and great memories.

Will go back to the brac someday, just not soon enough :(

Cheers
Hoppy

Reef Divers were definitely the better op as far as I could see. I didn't meet Craig. The manager was Liesel. I believe she was German. Very nice gal. Made us feel right to home.

Great trip report!! I had booked a trip to Little Cayman (Pirates Point) for early April about 15 minutes before I read the post. I was already really excited about the trip, but now I'm just beside myself with anticipation. My husband and I spent a week on Brac with Brac Reef Resort about 3-1/2 years ago, and were able to dive Little Cayman a couple of days. It was my first "real" post-certification diving. I've always been afraid that my memories were clouded by the fact that it was my first good dive. Now I know we're going back to paradise.

Tim, thanks for making it a little easier to get through the winter!

Aaack! There is a troll on the thread (Jepuskar). Run for your lives.

The prints came back yesterday. Unfortunately I am computer challenged. How does one convert prints to jpg format? Tell me and I will post pics.

:grrr:

Dear computer challenged

No problem. You can scan them yourself which it sounds like you probably don't have a scanner or you can take them to your local Wallgreens and they will scan for you and convert to disc for a reasonable cost.

Sounds like we are all looking forward to seeing your pics so we can drift off to the underwater world rather than doing our day-to-day. I have wanted to go to LC for a number of years but can't seem to stay away from Coz or Grand Turk.

Hope this helps.

:sharky:
all4diving

Tim Ingersoll once bubbled...
Aaack! There is a troll on the thread. Run for your lives.

The prints came back yesterday. Unfortunately I am computer challenged. How does one convert prints to jpg format? Tell me and I will post pics.
5615Mike had good advice, I did't think of that. I was going to suggest Kinko's, you can scan the pictures yourself there, and the Kinko's staff will help you if you're stuck.

I don't know where you get your pictures developed, but we get ours done at Costco. They have a choice where you can get prints AND the images on CD, and this is what we do now. This makes it SO easy to send pictures via email, or post them to Scubaboard (or any website). It does cost a tad more, but is a nice option if you don't own your own scanner.

Good luck!

Jimmie

Thanks for all the advice. I'll check it out.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom