Cayman Brac/Little Cayman Dive Report

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cduffey once bubbled...
Great trip report!! I had booked a trip to Little Cayman (Pirates Point) for early April about 15 minutes before I read the post. I was already really excited about the trip, but now I'm just beside myself with anticipation. My husband and I spent a week on Brac with Brac Reef Resort about 3-1/2 years ago, and were able to dive Little Cayman a couple of days. It was my first "real" post-certification diving. I've always been afraid that my memories were clouded by the fact that it was my first good dive. Now I know we're going back to paradise.

Tim, thanks for making it a little easier to get through the winter!

I forgot to quote Jepuskar when I made my troll comment and ended up offending cduffy. So sorry. I edited the thread to make it clear who I was calling a troll. cduffy: I don't know much about Pirates Point but I can say that Bloody Bay Wall is the best wall I have ever been on!

I thought you meant me as well lol.

Then I remembered seeing Jepuskar and Lawman being "reprimanded" in another thread.

Still keep getting flashbacks to Reef Divers ! :)

Cduffy , who was on staff when you were there can you remember ?

Cheers
Hoppy

There's no way I could forget the divemasters at Reef Divers. They were awesome. I forget the girl's "real" name because she called herself Dive *****. She was the boat captain, and I think she was from Utah (?). She was very petite with about a million earrings in each ear. Her size didn't keep her from slinging tanks around as well as any of the guys. The other dive master was a guy named Boomer. They were very knowledgable, very safety conscious, and a lot of fun.

I think Reef Divers would do an excellent job on instruction. The divemasters and boat captains were knowledgable and really seemed to care. Of course we were spoiled rotten by the boat charter. I'd definitely go for it.

Hi there,

I can only comment on having done my OW there in 99, but the Instructor (who isnt there anymore) was fantastic !

I think it was the same girl Cduffey had the pleasure of meeting ! Her name was Becky ? Tattoos on her ankles ?

The overall operation was great, been pleasure diving since with them and had a great time.

I'd say go for it to be honest.

HTH
Hoppy

Funny guy!

I know this is kind of an old thread but it's probably the most appropriate one for my question without starting a new thread. It's comparing Little Cayman (LC) with Cayman Brac (CB). We're trying to decide where to, possibly, spend close to a week of vacation. There are some factors to consider.

1) Accessibility. Which of the two would be easier and more convenient to get to and from? Cost would also be a factor.
2) Cost of... lodging, diving, dining, getting around, other tourist, non-diving activities, etc.
3) Closely related to #2, other non-diving activities. We're looking to spend about one or probably two days not diving or snorkeling.
4) The obvious one. After all, this is Scuba Board. I read that LC's Blood Bay Wall (BBW) is probably the top dive site in the Caribbean. But after BBW, is there anything else? With (hopefully) about four days of diving, would they be better spent on LC with BBW or CB and its numerous sites?

Any help in this regard would be much appreciated.

I know this is kind of an old thread but it's probably the most appropriate one for my question without starting a new thread. It's comparing Little Cayman (LC) with Cayman Brac (CB). We're trying to decide where to, possibly, spend close to a week of vacation. There are some factors to consider.
1) Accessibility. Which of the two would be easier and more convenient to get to and from? Cost would also be a factor.
2) Cost of... lodging, diving, dining, getting around, other tourist, non-diving activities, etc.
3) Closely related to #2, other non-diving activities. We're looking to spend about one or probably two days not diving or snorkeling.
4) The obvious one. After all, this is Scuba Board. I read that LC's Blood Bay Wall (BBW) is probably the top dive site in the Caribbean. But after BBW, is there anything else? With (hopefully) about four days of diving, would they be better spent on LC with BBW or CB and its numerous sites? Any help in this regard would be much appreciated.

I recently composed a detailed post comparing the 3 Cayman Islands; you can read it at the link below:
http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/ca...man-beach-resort-post7440793.html#post7440793

Both CB and LC are equally easy to visit, but LC books up faster and it is sometimes hard to find flights. When are you planning to travel? Brac Reef Beach Resort is doing some renovations this summer/fall and they may not have availability when you want it, either.

The diving is better on LC but it is still very good on CB and CB is cheaper. They are both quiet islands with limited topside activities. CB is topographically interesting and you can hike, climb, visit the caves, and take a drive around the island to explore. Bicycles are freely available to the guests at BRBR but you have to rent them at Little Cayman Beach Resort.

CB has a nature and wildlife preserve to enjoy and LC has a sanctuary for Booby birds. Both of the resorts that I am familiar with (BRBR and LCBR) are all-inclusive with good food and pleasant accommodations and they both use Reef Divers, and excellent dive operation that offers valet services included in the price. There are not many places to eat on either island.

Both resorts both have a small spa and exercise room and a pool and beach. They also offer guest activities like trivia and bingo and karaoke and barbeque night.

Neither of the islands are places to go for tourist attractions, fine dining, shopping, or 5 star hotels - that's Grand Cayman (and it also has good diving and the 7 Mile Beach).

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom