Caymans or Bahamas?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Scanning over the thread I didn't notice this point made; apologies if it was.

Water temp.s in the Bahamas vary more seasonally the some Caribbean locations, from what I understand. In other words, in winter, the water gets cold and you have to wear a wet suit. On the other hand, I've dove Cozumel a couple of dives in January (not this year), water was around 75 or 76 degrees, which to me means no wet suit.

If you dive a wet suit regardless, this may not matter much to you.

Richard.

Thanks everyone. Richard, I do dive with a wetsuit and regardless of Bahamas or Caymans, I would have taken my 5mm full. Therefore, water temperature is not as issue but the quality of the diving is. Your friends convinced me that even with the risk of missing BBW altogether, the diving in the Cayman Islands is better than in the Bahamas. So, I have stuck with the pre-booked Caymans visit that includes additional 3 days of land based diving in Little Cayman after the liveaboard cruise.

If the worst should happen and I am unable to get a dive in BBW in January 2014, I have an alternative plan that enables me to revisit the Caymans (land based at Little Caymans only) in May 2015.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom