CDNN - Reputable?

Overall, how do you see CDNN as a dive news website?

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

In the words of the writer, philosopher and three-time NASCAR Cup Champion Darrell Waltrip, "It is what it is."

DC

I read the Nat'l Enquirer in the check out line and the weekly world news too

Weekly World News|The World’s Only Reliable News!

I don't condemn either, they are what they are.

I look at most paper and all internet sources as entertainment.

The national Enquirer is just junk stories they make up, but it is a legitimate publication. C D NN is not. They cut and paste from legit sources, print liable, and falsify advertisers. The "advertisers" have tried to sue them to stop using thier names and images but to no avail.

You seriously compare the two?

The national Enquirer is just junk stories they make up, but it is a legitimate publication. C D NN is not. They cut and paste from legit sources, print liable, and falsify advertisers. The "advertisers" have tried to sue them to stop using thier names and images but to no avail.

You seriously compare the two?

I just don't care where they get their stories, I skip 98% of them, and skim read the other 2%, like most internet content.

Fake advertisers is a pretty unique concept. Do they pay you, if you're a real advertiser?

I have been reading quite a bit of CDNN over the past few years and I wanted to start a simple one question poll on perceptions of their website

Hmmm ... and who is NWDCGUY, I wonder ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

A ScubaBoard Staff Message...

Please keep the political diatribes in the Pub only.

Have a Scuba related question? Get a Scuba related answer here.

Thank you...

....on perceptions of their website

Awww, you trust us on Scubaboard more than CDNN don't you??

Here's my real social security number too:
123-45-5678

Admittedly this post is rather trollish. I am honestly curious to see if some people actually do read CDNN and consider it a good media website.

People never cease to amaze me, I wanted to see some data. Keep your votes coming on this obviously contentious subject.

I just don't care where they get their stories, I skip 98% of them, and skim read the other 2%, like most internet content.

with all their known problems, issues, and dishonesty, not to mention selling your information why would you go there at all? (I am not trying to start a fight, I am reallly curious why you would show anything that resembles support)

with all their known problems, issues, and dishonesty, not to mention selling your information why would you go there at all? (I am not trying to start a fight, I am reallly curious why you would show anything that resembles support)

It's just not a big deal to me, I don't care one way or another about it, just another website. I check it out maybe once or twice a month. Sometimes I find something of interest. I guess I don't have high expectations from ANY website, so I'm not disappointed.

Will the two who voted for The Best News Website please contact me about some hot investments.
untill not so long ago,SB had an autoban on any links to them.
There must have been some reason for that.:D
Yeah, people would work around it with spaces between the letters and it caused so much curiosity that the ban was encouraging interest. Kinda like Don't Look Here!

Sadly, news sources about Scuba are so limited that at times I look at them for leads on where else to look. I never believe anything there without confirmation, and I have noticed way too much twisted info.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom