CDWS Exam and Work Permit Questions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The center would also not have to pay the freelance DM, from how I read the CDWS rules. If you have a network in the diving community back home, it seems more tempting than the freelancer gig, with new ow groups and holiday divers every week. Maybe more profitable as well, if you can tailor package and charge premium.

My impression is that the bigger Egyptian dive companies cuts deals with travel agencies all the time.

For smaller operations, perhaps the travelling instructor might benefit - for a high volume centre such as mine, it would be next to meaningless. We do get travelling instructors from time to time but very infrequently.

The big egyptian dive companies for sure cut deals with travel agencies, mine included. I often have to put in an appearance at hotel welcome meetings to try and drum up some business. Some centres are part owned by tour operators even if this is indirectly through the hotel in which they are based and some of the centres are part of multinational corporations..

And anyway - I don't need the competition, I work here! :D

Cheers

C.

Back
Top Bottom