Cebu Dive Report 9.18-9.20 (Steven King-esque)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Used to work at Scubaworld Punta Engano- Kakoy and Dindo are nice guys and great DMs. Mactan is a mixed bag for diving but i reckon an excellent place to learn. Students get to learn in currents that run pretty parallel to the walls and there is usually nothing to suck you away. only in Marigondon Cave have I experienced a difficult current on my way out where I had to get really low to the bottom as the pressure was pushing us in. Luckily the customer was experienced and we still had plenty of air. There are threshers off the north of Olango and an occassional manta up near Marigondon and Cordova but usually pretty deep and dark.

Unfortunately fishing is done pretty indiscriminately here and I've only seen a big fish a few times. And only at depth- Napolean wrasse, threshers and some big barracuda and tuna. The jacks are disappearing from Talima sanctuary but they were schooling nicely this time last year.

The titans on Mactan have never attacked me before- only Nalusuan has a couple of feisty ones. Saying that, apparently one local had the top of his ear taken off by a trigger somewhere around Mactan.

The triggers off Cabilao (Bohol) however are a different story. There is one frickn huge emerald coloured Titan off the lighthouse who attacks on sight. I don't usually get nervous about fish but I look over my shoulder at the lighthouse. It doesn't have the regular green and yellow like usual Titans- more a pale green/blue but the teeth are unmistakable. A couple of DMs on Alona have the scars- one on his leg another on his forehead! May be from a drunken escapade of course but makes for a nice story. Also 2 Picasso triggers have had a go at me so it's not just the Titans- don't know what vitamins they're putting in the water. Extra Joss?

bviridesd.jpg

I know that guy!! He is the proud owner of about 10 sq cm of my left fin!!! He never even said thanks either!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom