Cebu Pacific Air

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Funny vid...

Gee13 I think they are not too fussed about whats in what bags in my experience. But they will hit you if you are overweight in general...is that what you're asking?

Funny vid...

Gee13 I think they are not too fussed about whats in what bags in my experience. But they will hit you if you are overweight in general...is that what you're asking?

I have a big traveler dive bag where I put all my toiletries in it along with bunch of other stuff (bottles of wine for after party etc) that ends up weighing 18kg. One of my friend dive bag has a plastic crate in it. Her bag weighs 22kg. We never ran into problem at the check-in (because of that anyway, hehe). We flew Cebu pacific all the time.

And this is one of our buddy's (tech and photographer) luggage on our way to a liveaboard trip. All those pelican casings.

kg.jpg

I think you just had bad luck w/ the check-in that day. Maybe she/he just had a bad day and decided to spread the bug. :wink:

gee13
It depends where you check in, but for sure if you pack all your scuba gear with other gear (clothes) into single bag way over 15kg - you'll more than likely run into arguements at check in, as I have in the past.
Cheers

I dont tend to travel heavy, with all scuba gear my 1 roller duffel bag total weighs about 23kg.

So Im hoping they can split and weigh scuba gear whilst allowing me the one bag option.

I think the scuba components - travel bc, fins, mask, accesories in my main bag about 8 kg.

I carry my regs in a reg bag and camera gear in a small backpack to take on the plane - about 7-8kg total.

Im happy to take out all my scuba gear for them to weigh, I just dont want to have to lug 2 bags around 1 for clothes and the other for scuba gear. Doesnt make sense.

Last edited:
It's really not that complicated dude. When you purchased the 'sports equipment' baggage allowance, it only means you can have additional 15kg of allowance making a total of 30kg. They do not separate the allowances for regular luggage and the sports bag. The only reason I will tell the check-in counter person that those were scuba equipment and camera equipment is so that they will put a FRAGILE stickers on and handle the bags with some respect. :wink:

To put simply, it doesn't matter if u have a bag that weighs 30kgs or 30 bags that weigh 1kg each. It also doesn't matter if you're not carrying any sport gears.

Wanderlass, you have entirely different experience to myself and a couple of my friends then - as in more than one overseas airport and in Manila airports when checking in for an International Cebu Pacific flight, I have had Cebu Pacific staff tell me that (prepaid) sports equipment baggage cannot weigh more than 15kg, and no I cannot pack that 15kg sports gear in with 15kg normal baggage allowance into one bag/case.

I was even told by ground staff that as my sports gear weighed 19kg they wanted to charge me 4kg excess baggage for it, regardless of fact my 'allowed' 15kg normal baggage only weighed about 8kg.

Depends where you check in, which airport, which way the wind is blowing and probably which side of the bed the ground staff got out of - but if they decide to apply their published rules, it can be a total pain.

Here are the Cebu Pacific prepaid 'sports equipment' rules off the cebupacificair.com website, found under Travel Service 'add on's' -, read items 8 & 9 below.

ABOUT SPORTS EQUIPMENT FEE

1. What is a Sports Equipment Fee?

It is a fee of PhP1,000 (VAT-exclusive) per sector available only at time of booking that entitles guest to a discount on sports equipment he/she intends to check in on his/her flight.

2. When will this service be available?

Guests have started availing of this offer since August 17, 2009.

3. How is this different from my free baggage allowance?

The Sports Equipment Fee entitles guests to bring sports equipment up to 15kg on top of the free baggage allowance. Currently, sports equipment is counted in the guest’s free baggage allowance and anything in excess is charged the standard excess baggage rates. With this, guest can now enjoy 15kg free baggage allowance and 15kg for sports equipment.

4. What sports equipment are included in this offer?

Only the following sports equipment are covered by this fee:
•Bicycles
•Fishing Equipment
•Golf Clubs
•Scuba/Diving Equipment
•Surfboards/Wakeboards
•Bowling balls

5. What if I availed of the Sports Equipment Fee and brought extra heavy equipment?

If your check luggage exceeds the free baggage allowance and the Sports Equipment Fee allowed weight, the excess will be charged standard excess baggage rates.

6. I have a Go Lite Fare, can I still avail of the Sports Equipment Fee?

Once you’ve booked a Go Lite fare, you are not entitled to avail of the Sports Equipment Fee.

7. I have a bag that weighs 8kg and a golf set that weighs 12kg that is covered by the Sports Equipment Fee. Will I still be charged at the airport?

No, you will not pay anything at the airport anymore.

8. Let’s say I have a bag that weighs 17kg and a scuba gear that weighs 12kg that is covered by the Sports Equipment Fee. Will I still be charged at the airport?

Yes, you will pay excess baggage rate for the 2kg in excess of your checked baggage.

9. I have a bag weighing 12kg and a scuba gear that weighs 18kg that is covered by the Sports Equipment Fee. Do I have to pay anything at the airport?

Yes, you will pay excess baggage rate for the 3kg in excess of the allowed sports equipment.

10. I have 2 bags weighing 15kg each. I availed of the Sports Equipment Fee online even if I won’t be bringing a sports equipment. Do I have to pay anything at the airport?

Yes, you will be charged 15kg excess baggage. The Sports Equipment fee strictly covers sports equipment only.

11. My flight was cancelled due to force majeure. Can my Sports Equipment Fee be applied to my rebooked flight?

Yes, you may apply your Sports Equipment Fee to your new flight.

12. I wish to rebook my flight. Can my Sports Equipment Fee be applied to my rebooked flight?

Yes, it is rebookable.

13. I will no longer push through with my flight and wish to refund my travel. Can I refund my Sports Equipment Fee as well?

No, it is non-refundable

14. Is pooling of sports equipment allowed?

Yes, as long as the guests are under one (1) booking reference and present themselves and their sports equipment for check-in at the same time at the airport.

15. I’m planning to avail of the Sports Equipment Fee only on my return flight. Is this allowed?

Yes, just make sure that you book on your flights per sector.

16. I didn’t avail of the Sports Equipment Fee on my original booking but wish to avail of it on my rebooked flight. Can this be done?

Yes, as long as you avail of the Sports Equipment Fee when you finalize your rebooked flight.

17. Are there guidelines I need to be aware of when packing my sports equipment?

Yes, Cebu Pacific follows guidelines below in accepting your sports equipment for carriage.

Bicycles
- Must be placed with handlebars fixed sideways, pedals removed and tires deflated in a hard shell container specifically designed for shipping, or in a bicycle suitcase.
Fishing Equipment
- Must be retractable for transport and packaged in a hard shell container specifically designed for shipping.
Golf Clubs
- The bag and the clubs must be fully enclosed in a hard shell container specifically designed for shipping. Will not be accepted if packed only with a vinyl or canvas cover.
Scuba/Diving Equipment
- Must be securely packed in a hard shell container specifically designed for shipping. No scuba tanks. Buoyancy control devices and regulators may be hand carried provided they pass the prescribed dimensions for overhead bins.
Surfboards/Wakeboards
- Must be appropriately covered for dents and scratches. The acceptable length is 5 feet for ATR flights and 11 feet for Airbus flights. Only 2 surfboards/ wakeboards are allowed per ATR flight; 5 surfboards/ wakeboards on an Airbus flight.
Bowling balls
- We accept 2 bowling balls and 1 pair of bowling shoes placed securely in a bowling bag.

18. Are there sports equipment not accepted as checked baggage?

Yes, items below must be coursed through Cargo Services
•Canoes
•Kayaks
•Windsurfing Equipment
•Oxygen bottle (for rescue divers) – must be evaluated by Cargo prior to acceptance

19. What about other sports equipment not mentioned, how can I transport them?

Other sports equipment not mentioned in the list will be accepted as part of free baggage allowance.

20. Is this product available on all Cebu Pacific flights?

This product is available on all Cebu Pacific flights except Caticlan.

I dont tend to travel heavy, with all scuba gear my 1 roller duffel bag total weighs about 23kg.

So Im hoping they can split and weigh scuba gear whilst allowing me the one bag option.

I think the scuba components - travel bc, fins, mask, accesories in my main bag about 8 kg.

I carry my regs in a reg bag and camera gear in a small backpack to take on the plane - about 7-8kg total.

Im happy to take out all my scuba gear for them to weigh, I just dont want to have to lug 2 bags around 1 for clothes and the other for scuba gear. Doesnt make sense.

since you only have 8kg in excess, why not just pre-pay for excess baggage by the kilogram? this way, it doesnt matter if its dive gear or not. the cost per kg is about the same anyway whether you prepay 15kg or 8kg. bottomline is its cheaper if you prepay online than if you pay for excess baggage upon checking in.

since you only have 8kg in excess, why not just pre-pay for excess baggage by the kilogram? this way, it doesnt matter if its dive gear or not. the cost per kg is about the same anyway whether you prepay 15kg or 8kg. bottomline is its cheaper if you prepay online than if you pay for excess baggage upon checking in.
true...

I have read the T&Cs. There is no clause that says sports equipment needs to be CLEARLY in a separate bag.

It seems aside from the sports fee which seems reasonable and I could be persuaded to pack another bag just with scuba gear in...

PHP 3200 for the KL- MNL flight prepaid 10KG which is steep! $73 USD!

I cannot find the per KG excess lugage fee??

Looks like Im going to have the inconvenience of travelling with 2 bags on this leg. On the return leg I travel Jetstar and is only USD $30 for extra 10 KG. Hopefully my separate bag will fit into my large bag!

Am I really about to enter the land of confusion??? :idk:

I will have my DSLR camera rig, and I'm worried about how I'll carry it on...there is simply no way I'm checking it. Can anyone share experience on their carry-on policies? It says that there is 7 kg, and I don't see how you can purchase an extra carry on allowance. We're flying Kota Kinabalu->Manila on Cebu because its the only airline flying into Manila (not Clark) that doesn't route you through Kuala Lumpur or Singapore from BKI.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom