Cenotes

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scottyroz

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
Going to Coz this Sat, stayin at the grand and diving with THE Sergios over at Aquatic Sports. Now that i am done bragging :eyebrow: My girlfriend has inquired about cenote diving. Just from some quick browsing i see that there is not any cenote diving inside of Coz. I am assuming some sort of caven diving cert is required? Any dive ops do daily trips? Is it worth it? I have 3 snorkelers would it be "cool" for them to check out? Not worth the ferry ride? Any information would be appreciated. Oh did i tell you guys that im leaving for coz this sat?

[ Oh did i tell you guys that im leaving for coz this sat?[/QUOTE]

All flights cancelled this Saturday :)

Have fun !

scottyroz:
Going to Coz this Sat, stayin at the grand and diving with THE Sergios over at Aquatic Sports. Now that i am done bragging :eyebrow: My girlfriend has inquired about cenote diving. Just from some quick browsing i see that there is not any cenote diving inside of Coz. I am assuming some sort of caven diving cert is required? Any dive ops do daily trips? Is it worth it? I have 3 snorkelers would it be "cool" for them to check out? Not worth the ferry ride? Any information would be appreciated. Oh did i tell you guys that im leaving for coz this sat?
Try thris link www.akumaldivecenter.com/cenoteadventures.html
They will pick you up at the ferry dock in Playa del Carmen, transport you to cenotes, provide guide,and lunch and refreshments. All for $140.00.
All the cenotes are on the mainland. Its really worth it! We are scheduling the first half of our trip in Akumal, mostly so we can dive cenotes. Make sure you have at least a hooded vest to wear under your 3mm fullsuit. They advertise the water at 78 degrees, but each dive is at least an hour, depending on air consumption, and in pitch black, so you will get cold.
You do not need any special cert. You will see threads under the regular Mexico section.

Excellent! Thanks guys i will pass along the information and have her do the follow up research. Even though according to Dive-Ho my trip has been cancelled :wink: Thanks again!

If you´re interested in cenotes, you have to contact Dennis (Diablo Divers). We´re in Cozumel right now, and just dove with Dennis.

Simply amazing! Great customer service and a stellar guide. We couldn´t be more ecstatic with our dives, he really ruined reef diving for us. He took special care to take us to unique areas on the dives, and navigating us to areas where we could fully see the cenotes in all their glory. Without a doubt, I would recommend Dennis to everyone.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom