Question Cheap flights to Manila from NY?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

miserkris

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hi..

Looking to go to Manila ( and eventually to Puerto galera ) from NY area... Around oct30 ... For a week of scuba.

Google flights gives Turkish airlines as cheapest but with a long 8 hour stop in istanbul... For like $900.

What do you guys advice for getting cheap deals to go to Manila from New York area ,I live in Philadelphia by the way..?!

Thx.. Kris

Hi..

Looking to go to Manila ( and eventually to Puerto galera ) from NY area... Around oct30 ... For a week of scuba.

Google flights gives Turkish airlines as cheapest but with a long 8 hour stop in istanbul... For like $900.

What do you guys advice for getting cheap deals to go to Manila from New York area ,I live in Philadelphia by the way..?!

Thx.. Kris
$900 is a good deal. I am paying $1100 for non-stop from LAX to Manila.

$900 is a good deal. I am paying $1100 for non-stop from LAX to Manila.
Thats what I am thinkin! Probably worth a cab ride across Istanbul , eat some kebabs, visit the Hagia !I will confirm air this weekend I think :)

Istanbul is a very interesting to stay at least for few days.
I look at these flights east over the Atlantic and dismiss that option out of hand - way too hard on the human body. If Turkish Airlines allowed a free stop over, on the other hand, I might would jump at the chance.
I was a ff on Cathay Pacific - the BOS (or EWR or JFK) non-stop to Hong Kong to connect delivered the shortest flight and connection times, but enough to have a stretch, check out the shops, and a bite to eat. Since the pandemic prices have gone through the roof and who knows who is buying from them. The JAL through Tokyo (careful you don't have to change airports in Tokyo) and the Asiana through Seoul are the new normal. Also check out EVA, ANA, and KAL. 5 stars all. It matters on an ultra long haul, and you usually get what you pay for. If you get a price within reason.

Non stop direct flight from JFK to MNL by PAL is under US$1,116.45.
Outbound 29th Oct
Inbound 11th Nov

Thx all... Ended up buying Cathay via Chicago hk Manila.

I'll be in Manila airport in oct end... Heard wifi is free but need OTP sent to a phone.

I won't have a cell phone.

How to use WiFi while inside airport

I will use WhatsApp, email and Google voice phone if needed but unsure if Google voice would work. It didn't work in India few months ago.
THX

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom