Question Check before buying Seasking Drysuit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I hadn't considered checking out Seaskin's Facebook page since I was set on going all-black. But after seeing the other color options, especially the black with blue arms, I'm tempted to reconsider... Too many choices! 🤣

Oh but the blue wirh yellow arms…oh baby.
IMG_1052.jpeg

I love the look! The beautiful color scheme will definitely stand out in the water. I'm always envious of people who can rock those vivid colors.
Don't be drab! Get some colorful panels and stitching.

Also, get the neo kubi covers.

20230322_160947.jpg

Also, I think you should add the Warm Neck Simple option.
Already pulled a trigger this Tuesday 🥲

Thank you everyone for the advice! I finally ended my long procrastination and pulled the trigger this Tuesday :D
Here's my final decision::
  • Style and cut:
    • Fully Telescopic Torso
  • Zip and pee valve options:
    • Main Body Dry Zip Cover
    • YKK Plastic Dry Zip fitted into membrane drysuit
    • Fitted SiTech Trigon Pee Valve
    • Pee Valve Hose Tidy
  • Seal, neck and wrist system options:
    • 3mm Neoprene Neck seal
    • Kubi fitted dry cuff system - ordered glove set too
  • Valve options:
    • Move Dump (DIR)
    • SiTeck Valve System
  • Boot and sock options:
    • Compressed Neoprene Socks
  • Additional protection options:
    • None
  • Comfort and customisation options:
    • Increase Braces to 40mm
    • No Logos on Suit
    • No Reflective Tape on Arms
    • Change Mat Drysuit Bag upgrade
    • Elasticated Back Panel
  • Pocket and attachment point options:
    • 2x Expedition Pocket
I'll update once I receive a confirmation email on the estimated delivery date.

Once again, thank you so much for all the advice!

Or just get Kubi. Both work great, no questions about what works with Kubi.

"Pop" music works with Kubi🤷‍♂️😂

Rolock, rolock, rolock!!!...... I think the crowd is slowly turning to the superior, less expensive system!

If only Rolocks would not have such huge rings...

I wish Sitech would make the ovals in few sizes and then we could have lots of good things.

If only Rolocks would not have such huge rings...

I wish Sitech would make the ovals in few sizes and then we could have lots of good things.
Man.. no offense meant at all, but there was a time when we had a bunch of ring systems that barely worked if at all. Very frustrating.. things are much better now.

Of course I would look forward to innovation, but grateful for where we are.

SeaSkin was fine with making a changes more than once to my order. Just email them with your order confirmation number and list what diffs you want. They will adjust the bill/refund accordingly.

I like the logos and reflective strips. IMO makes the suit look a bit more polished.

Recently, a DM approached me and said "this may be kind of odd, and I've never said this to any diver before let alone another guy, but your suit looks great on you".

I think you made the right call in getting the Kubi system. The Rolock glove ring is a big bulky and may have been excessively so with your smaller stature. Same probably goes for the Sitech Quick Neck... the large ring diameter would likely pose problems.

:)

Not sure if you want or can change the order, but here are some notes.

Neoprene neck seals are more prone to leaking on divers with smaller necks. A good neck seal gains a totally new meaning in cave diving as usually you'll bend your neck and look between your legs (below your torso) to check on your dive buddies. A loose neck seal will let water in and may screw up your buoyancy. However, neoprene neck seals are warm... I enjoyed mine in NorCal.

The dry glove rings may get in the way of pull-and-glide in a cave. If you must have one suit and dive in cold water, then you have no choice - you'll have to get used to the rings. However, if there are multiple suits in your future, it pays having a dedicated cave suit with standard seals.

As for the bodily functions - I go with the proven diaper route. A good diaper can handle multiple needs, including betting on a fart.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom