Question Check in at Singapore

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

boletus1973

Contributor
Reaction score
Hi guys.. after many years of direct flights to Indonesia and the pandemic my memory is slow…. 🤦‍♂️
We flight from Italy to Singapore with gulf air and after landing in Singapore we have to collect our bags and some hours after do another check-in with Garuda for a Singapore-Giacarta-manado.. after collecting bags we need to enter Singapore or there’s a check in area inside? Last time we do this was 8-10 years ago.. I simply don’t remember…. All the flights are on T3… 😉
Second stupid question.. Singapore-Giacarta and Giacarta-manado are on the same terminal in Giacarta airport… we have to do the visa on arrival in Giacarta between the Garuda flights or at the end of our journey in manado?
Thanks!!
Fabio

Scoot Air goes directly to Manado from Singapore

If you haven't booked already

Eheheh I know… I take it many times when was silkair… and the 26 of august we come back to Singapore with scoot.. but we land in Singapore Friday 5/8 in the afternoon and next scoot flight to manado is 10/8… 😉

We flight from Italy to Singapore with gulf air and after landing in Singapore we have to collect our bags and some hours after do another check-in with Garuda for a Singapore-Giacarta-manado.. after collecting bags we need to enter Singapore or there’s a check in area inside? Last time we do this was 8-10 years ago.. I simply don’t remember…. All the flights are on T3
If you are collecting your bags from the Gulf Air flight then I believe you'll have to go through immigration and customs entering Singapore then you'll have to check in again for the Garuda flight unless you've booked your bags all the way to Manado.

How much of a layover do you have in Singapore?

No idea about negotiating Jakarta, I've managed to avoid that airport and Garuda so far. Good luck!

If you are collecting your bags from the Gulf Air flight then I believe you'll have to go through immigration and customs entering Singapore then you'll have to check in again for the Garuda flight unless you've booked your bags all the way to Manado.

How much of a layover do you have in Singapore?

No idea about negotiating Jakarta, I've managed to avoid that airport and Garuda so far. Good luck!

Thank you… I remember the same but wasn’t sure .. 😅😅 our layover in Singapore will be almost 8 hours.. plenty of time.. 😅
Agree that Giacarta airport is a nightmare… 🤞🤞🤞

If your final destination is Manado via Jakarta, you should book your flight from Italy to Jakarta, not to Singapore to avoid checkout & checkin in Singapore headache. Check with Gulf Airlines if you can do that otherwise check with Singapore Airlines. At least you can compare the fare price between the two airlines.

You will need to get Visa on Arrival at the first entry to Indonesia, which is in Jakarta. Then get your bags and drag them to the domestic terminal. Since you will be flying with Garuda Airlines, you are lucky enough to drag your bags in the same terminal, T3.

If your final destination is Manado via Jakarta, you should book your flight from Italy to Jakarta, not to Singapore to avoid checkout & checkin in Singapore headache. Check with Gulf Airlines if you can do that otherwise check with Singapore Airlines. At least you can compare the fare price between the two airlines.

You will need to get Visa on Arrival at the first entry to Indonesia, which is in Jakarta. Then get your bags and drag them to the domestic terminal. Since you will be flying with Garuda Airlines, you are lucky enough to drag your bags in the same terminal, T3.

Ahaha I know what’s the best route was… from Italy was Singapore manado with Singapore airlines/scoot… we do it many times, but this year the price was crazy.. we had to settle for the gulf flight to singapore .. at the beginning we planning to do only bali, and Singapore was ok… but we change our plans to Sulawesi…
Thanks for the advice about visa… on my tickets there is the same terminal for both flights.. it sound strange… but that’s it.. my experience with Garuda was always nice… and after being scammed by airasia it can only be better ... I hope… 🤞🤞🤞

At least with 8-hour layover in Singapore, you can just store your luggage in the airport storage and do a bit of sightseeing in Singapore using their train & go to Hawker Center for delicious street food.

If you have already booked tickets then a couple questions for you:
Is your flight from Italy to CGK on one ticket/PNR? If so then your bags will be checked all the way to CGK and no need to collect and re-check them in Singapore.

If your ticket is two separate PNR's one from Italy to SIN and then one from SIN to CGK they yes you will need to clear Singapore customs. I fly through Singapore lots. Actually just did it last month during a quick Lombok trip so I can tell it is super easy to clear customs (US Passport holder here I am assuming you hold and EU passport so I think you should have no issues as well) just make sure you fill out the SG arrival card https://eservices.ica.gov.sg/sgarrivalcard/ online be for you arrive to save some time at immigration. Once you clear immigration you can collect you bags and then as @Dan mentioned just store them and go into town and grab some delicious food. Or you can also kill lots of time at Jewel connected to the airport. Or if you are tired just get an airport hotel room have a shower snooze and then just recheck in like you would at any other airport.

When you land in CGK yes you will need to clear Indonesia immigration as well. When you arrive you will go through a COVID vaccination check point (helps if you have the PeduliLindungi app and your vaccinations uploaded I just flash this at them and they just wave me through but it is not required, I noticed many foreigners are just using there home country print outs) then you have to get in the VOA line and pay the 500k for the visa then you can jump into the immigration line and clear passport control. As mentioned above then you will need to collect you bag and transfer to the domestic terminal and re-check in.

our layover in Singapore will be almost 8 hours.. plenty of time.. 😅
Since it takes a MAXIMUM of 20 minutes to pass immigration and collect your bags in Changi (most effective airport in the world), you can take a taxi to go downtown, drink a Singapore Sling at the Raffles bar, visit the gardens by the bay, you'll have 4-5 hrs in your hands.

Otherwise you can alternatively spend your time in the new Jewel airport terminal where there is a shopping mall, you can stroll around the rain vortex in an artificial jungle, eat at food court in T3, even go to a cinema or to a swimming pool inside the airport. There are also day-use rooms within the airport hotels if you need a rest though quite expensive.

Back
Top Bottom