Question Check in at Singapore

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Though I would post a quick report for anyone in the same position--flying into Singapore and then flying Scoot to MDC on a separate ticket. We arrived around 1:15 a.m. and made our way to immigration expecting to pick up our bags and head to Terminal 1 to use Scoot's kiosk check-in and bag drop. The helpful immigration officer advised us to turn around and head to our hotel, picking up the bags and checking in the next morning. She advised that if anything went wrong at check-in we'd be stuck because we wouldn't be able to leave the bags with left luggage, go airside, and then collect the next day because Singapore would view that as re-entering twice in a day. We followed her advice. As it turned out, the Skytrain doesn't run from 1:30 to 4:30, so that was another good reason to wait until the following morning to collect bags. So we had a bit of a walk from Terminal 3 to our Terminal 1 transit hotel.

In any case, we came back to Terminal 3 on the Skytrain around 6:30, cleared immigration, picked up our bags waiting at the lost and found, and headed over to Terminal 1 on the Skytrain. Scoot funnels everyone to the automated kiosks. They do not function flawlessly and we would have been out of luck had we tried to check in when there was no assistance. The kiosk could not match our passport pictures to that taken by the kiosk camera.

Bottom line: if you're connecting to Scoot as we were, book the Transit Hotel in Terminal 3 (or whatever terminal your landing at) and head straight there after landing. Clear immigration and pick up your bags 3 hours before your Scoot flight and head to Terminal 1 for check in.

When I travelled to MDC last April, I met up with @outofofficebrb in Changi where her bags were transferred to the MDC flight from SFO.

I had a stopover in Singapore due to very short connection from DXB using SIA, which was more for peace of mind, although I don't doubt my gear would have made it.

However we did meet a couple at NAD in Lembeh whose baggage missed the MDC flight (from SFO) and subsequently had to buy clothes and rent dive gear for their LoB prior to their Lembeh part of the trip.

Scoot only operate on Wednesdays and Fridays, which can make it a bit difficult to plan.

IIRC Silk Air used to operate four flights a week back in the day.

Though I would post a quick report for anyone in the same position--flying into Singapore and then flying Scoot to MDC on a separate ticket. We arrived around 1:15 a.m. and made our way to immigration expecting to pick up our bags and head to Terminal 1 to use Scoot's kiosk check-in and bag drop. The helpful immigration officer advised us to turn around and head to our hotel, picking up the bags and checking in the next morning. She advised that if anything went wrong at check-in we'd be stuck because we wouldn't be able to leave the bags with left luggage, go airside, and then collect the next day because Singapore would view that as re-entering twice in a day. We followed her advice. As it turned out, the Skytrain doesn't run from 1:30 to 4:30, so that was another good reason to wait until the following morning to collect bags. So we had a bit of a walk from Terminal 3 to our Terminal 1 transit hotel.

In any case, we came back to Terminal 3 on the Skytrain around 6:30, cleared immigration, picked up our bags waiting at the lost and found, and headed over to Terminal 1 on the Skytrain. Scoot funnels everyone to the automated kiosks. They do not function flawlessly and we would have been out of luck had we tried to check in when there was no assistance. The kiosk could not match our passport pictures to that taken by the kiosk camera.

Bottom line: if you're connecting to Scoot as we were, book the Transit Hotel in Terminal 3 (or whatever terminal your landing at) and head straight there after landing. Clear immigration and pick up your bags 3 hours before your Scoot flight and head to Terminal 1 for check in.
So I’ve read this a few times and maybe don’t know the process but my head is spinning. We land SIN at 6:45 am. Will be flying out the next day on scoot at 9:30, separate ticket. Plan was to stay airside at the crowne plaza and go to the city for a while, see Jewel etc.

Is your issue confusing because the connection was shorter? Not really getting the no two entry on one day thing. Once you clear immigration into SIN, aren’t you in?

Eheheh I know… I take it many times when was silkair… and the 26 of august we come back to Singapore with scoot.. but we land in Singapore Friday 5/8 in the afternoon and next scoot flight to manado is 10/8… 😉
?? Scoot flies SIN-MDC on 7 and 9 Aug, but not 10 Aug.

?? Scoot flies SIN-MDC on 7 and 9 Aug, but not 10 Aug.

Emhhh umhhhhh I was speaking about last year.. August 2022…. The next august is different 😜😜😉

Don’t worry.. I’m in the same situation for august 2023.. I’ve to come back to SIN two days before the flight to Italy 🤦‍♂️😅
There are worse places to spend a day or two or three than Singapore!

There are worst places to spend a day or two or three than Singapore!
For my dive trips in the region I have intentionally tried to book a long layover in Singapore. What a treat.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom