Question Check in at Singapore

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

If you have already booked tickets then a couple questions for you:
Is your flight from Italy to CGK on one ticket/PNR? If so then your bags will be checked all the way to CGK and no need to collect and re-check them in Singapore.

If your ticket is two separate PNR's one from Italy to SIN and then one from SIN to CGK they yes you will need to clear Singapore customs. I fly through Singapore lots. Actually just did it last month during a quick Lombok trip so I can tell it is super easy to clear customs (US Passport holder here I am assuming you hold and EU passport so I think you should have no issues as well) just make sure you fill out the SG arrival card https://eservices.ica.gov.sg/sgarrivalcard/ online be for you arrive to save some time at immigration. Once you clear immigration you can collect you bags and then as @Dan mentioned just store them and go into town and grab some delicious food. Or you can also kill lots of time at Jewel connected to the airport. Or if you are tired just get an airport hotel room have a shower snooze and then just recheck in like you would at any other airport.

When you land in CGK yes you will need to clear Indonesia immigration as well. When you arrive you will go through a COVID vaccination check point (helps if you have the PeduliLindungi app and your vaccinations uploaded I just flash this at them and they just wave me through but it is not required, I noticed many foreigners are just using there home country print outs) then you have to get in the VOA line and pay the 500k for the visa then you can jump into the immigration line and clear passport control. As mentioned above then you will need to collect you bag and transfer to the domestic terminal and re-check in.
I’m flying out of Houston to Denpasar via Singapore with SingaporeAir next week. So my bags go straight to Denpasar.

I got the QR code from PeduliLindungi app & Covid insurance from JagaWisata. Since I’ll be in Indonesia for 6 weeks, I will need to extend my VoA in Kantor Imigrasi somewhere before the 30-day VoA expires. I’ll be in Komodo then. So I’ll swing by Labuan Bajo for that.

DA274EE0-746F-42F2-B01E-67BBE6ED966C.jpeg

C742767B-A225-4A90-9F5E-177B2918FD55.jpeg

If you have already booked tickets then a couple questions for you:
Is your flight from Italy to CGK on one ticket/PNR? If so then your bags will be checked all the way to CGK and no need to collect and re-check them in Singapore.

If your ticket is two separate PNR's one from Italy to SIN and then one from SIN to CGK they yes you will need to clear Singapore customs. I fly through Singapore lots. Actually just did it last month during a quick Lombok trip so I can tell it is super easy to clear customs (US Passport holder here I am assuming you hold and EU passport so I think you should have no issues as well) just make sure you fill out the SG arrival card https://eservices.ica.gov.sg/sgarrivalcard/ online be for you arrive to save some time at immigration. Once you clear immigration you can collect you bags and then as @Dan mentioned just store them and go into town and grab some delicious food. Or you can also kill lots of time at Jewel connected to the airport. Or if you are tired just get an airport hotel room have a shower snooze and then just recheck in like you would at any other airport.

When you land in CGK yes you will need to clear Indonesia immigration as well. When you arrive you will go through a COVID vaccination check point (helps if you have the PeduliLindungi app and your vaccinations uploaded I just flash this at them and they just wave me through but it is not required, I noticed many foreigners are just using there home country print outs) then you have to get in the VOA line and pay the 500k for the visa then you can jump into the immigration line and clear passport control. As mentioned above then you will need to collect you bag and transfer to the domestic terminal and re-check in.

Thanks… that’s everything i need to know… 👍👍👍 very informative.. now I’ve only to plan the layovers.. 😉👍

Since it takes a MAXIMUM of 20 minutes to pass immigration and collect your bags in Changi (most effective airport in the world), you can take a taxi to go downtown, drink a Singapore Sling at the Raffles bar, visit the gardens by the bay, you'll have 4-5 hrs in your hands.

Otherwise you can alternatively spend your time in the new Jewel airport terminal where there is a shopping mall, you can stroll around the rain vortex in an artificial jungle, eat at food court in T3, even go to a cinema or to a swimming pool inside the airport. There are also day-use rooms within the airport hotels if you need a rest though quite expensive.

Thanks my friend.. 😉 good memories about the Singapore sling at raffles in 2007.. 😍 I think we saw almost everything in town during the last years…
I think we stay at changi to see the jewel.. 😉👍👍

Covid insurance from JagaWisata.
Uhhh interesting… never heard about… my DAN plus that one it’s enough?
I don't think it is required anymore to show a COVID insurance, it is up to you.

Flying LAX - SIN on Singapore then SIN - MDC on Scoot. Apparently no way to check bags through to Manado, so will need to collect bags then go to Terminal 1 and recheck. Our layover is 8.5 hours and Scoot's check-in counters open only 2.5 hours before the flight. But it seems as though self-check-in and bag drop is possible up to 18.5 hours before. Has anyone used this option with Scoot? Any problems doing this? Assuming it can be done, is it worth booking a room for the 6 hours or so we'll have to kill? I'm inclined to think so. I always did this when we could check our bags through to Silk Air, but the only landside option seems to be the Crown Plaza which at $300 USD seems pretty dear.

Flying LAX - SIN on Singapore then SIN - MDC on Scoot. Apparently no way to check bags through to Manado, so will need to collect bags then go to Terminal 1 and recheck. Our layover is 8.5 hours and Scoot's check-in counters open only 2.5 hours before the flight. But it seems as though self-check-in and bag drop is possible up to 18.5 hours before. Has anyone used this option with Scoot? Any problems doing this? Assuming it can be done, is it worth booking a room for the 6 hours or so we'll have to kill? I'm inclined to think so. I always did this when we could check our bags through to Silk Air, but the only landside option seems to be the Crown Plaza which at $300 USD seems pretty dear.
Transit hotel.

No need to clear immigration.

You don't mention when your trip is, if there is time to do so why not contact Singapore and have them book Scoot for you and put it on the same booking (cancelling the original Scoot) - then it is possible to check bags straight through and makes the transfer more comfortable but also more expensive.
(I did this in June/July from Phuket-SIN-MDC and return)

Transit hotel.

No need to clear immigration.
I've done this every other time I've connected through Singapore. But the need to recheck bags means I have to clear immigration. Used to be the transit desks would handle this for you, but I understand the service is no longer available. But I'm thinking this could still work if I use Scoot's kiosks to check in and check my bag, then re-enter the secure area with the Scoot boarding pass. Boarding pass would be for a flight not leaving for 8 hours, but I don't think that would make a difference.
You don't mention when your trip is, if there is time to do so why not contact Singapore and have them book Scoot for you and put it on the same booking (cancelling the original Scoot) - then it is possible to check bags straight through and makes the transfer more comfortable but also more expensive.
(I did this in June/July from Phuket-SIN-MDC and return)
Trip is in two weeks. The Singapore Air flight is an award ticket, so they won't combine with a revenue (purchased) ticket. Could not book an award through to Manado.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom