Question Check in at Singapore

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

There are worse places to spend a day or two or three than Singapore!

Oh yes.. jakarta..😅😅 we love Singapore… and we visit the city many times.. one time we stay 5 nights… but honestly now I prefer more diving days…. 😜

For my dive trips in the region I have intentionally tried to book a long layover in Singapore. What a treat.

Eheh.. I visit the region every summer since 2007… almost every year layovers in Singapore.. 😉 but maybe you misunderstood me.. i didn't mean to complain because i'm staying in singapore for a few days but only because lately i can never get the flights to collide as i would like.. 😅

I'll be in SIN late April and in May pre and post my next Indonesian trip.

The weird flight days to MDC are annoying and I miss Silk Air :(

Eheh.. I visit the region every summer since 2007… almost every year layovers in Singapore.. 😉 but maybe you misunderstood me.. i didn't mean to complain because i'm staying in singapore for a few days but only because lately i can never get the flights to collide as i would like.. 😅
Same here, I hope some airlines will resume their routes with more appropriate shedules (for us europeans) and quickly sort all their maintenance issues, flying into SEA needs too much time buffering currently.

For instance on the last trips I had in 2022 :
- May : I spent one night in SIN before taking an afternoon flight to Manila then layover in Manila too late for Negros, the day after a morning flight to Dumaguete that had to go back for technical reasons. that was one night and a half lost...
- August : i had to spend one night layover in SIN because AirAsia canceled the evening flight to Bali (that's more or less 200USD taking into account hotels rate, taxi and food when you arrive at 10PM and almost everything around is closed, plus one day off + cost up to 150€ to change the flight AirAsia put us on). Then one night lost in Kupang because LionAir sold an afternoon flight to Alor that is continuously canceled.
- December : the SIN-DPS night flight finally landed more than 3hrs late at 3AM. Completely killed the day after (this time a SIN overnight would have been better :D ). Return flight was sold as one hour earlier than its actual schedule, in the end 2 hrs late. We had to run at Changi airport not to miss our flight back to Europe which implied getting our luggage and changing Terminal, eventually setup a world record for getting out in less than 15minutes thanks to immigration/airport efficiency and passengers who let us go first. Checked in 2 minutes before closing. Nothing lost but we seriously were worried booking a hotel in SIN at 10PM december 31st NYE (the hotels in Booking.com were all that night in the 300USD/night range)

- I'll even add for my future trips, going to R4 in august : layover in SIN to take the Scoot flight to MDC, then layover in MDC to take a flight to Sorong, then overnight in Sorong because the flight is too late to take the ferry to Waisai.

Same here, I hope some airlines will resume their routes with more appropriate shedules (for us europeans) and quickly sort all their maintenance issues, flying into SEA needs too much time buffering currently.

- I'll even add for my future trips, going to R4 in august : layover in SIN to take the Scoot flight to MDC, then layover in MDC to take a flight to Sorong, then overnight in Sorong because the flight is too late to take the ferry to Waisai.

exactly.. i'm trying to plan the trip for next august and i wanted to avoid 3 weeks all in bangka...:) a lot of layover for every possible dive place... :banghead::banghead: wtf.. i wanted to go back to tompotika but whether you come from makassar or manado too many udays are lost ... the wings air that I have always taken from manado to luwuk is only 2 times a week, Wednesday and Thursday ... not good.. :confused:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom