Checking in from Nor Cal

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Always nice to find a really friendly board :)

I am in the process of choosing my "own" dive gear and this website has been a wealth of information. The guy at the LDS is super nice and has been getting my business, especially with not wanting warranty issues. I tend to search more than post. Of course the occasional questions of where to dive and which products to get will come out. I had lunch with my friend today and he is super excited to be getting his own equipment also. Both of us will need new friends to take us around the area and show us the cool spots to go. We even have a friend that claims to have a nice ocean going boat, although he doesn't dive, someone needs to stay with the boat :14: "It's not who you are, it's who you know" :wink:

Slammer, let me continue to collect my own gear then we will talk.

El Orans, thanks for the link to the locals, I had not found that yet.

MoonWrasse, you gotta admit the kiteboarders are a kick to watch! I still prefer wakeboarding due to the comradery of being on a boat.

Thank you to everyone for their hospitality. :lilbunny:

Peter,

Welcome! If you can deal with the cold and the (usually) relatively low visibility, then you are in for some great diving in the area. Most will recommend coming on down to the Monterey Bay Area. In addition to looking here, there is also a Yahoo group called "Monterey Dive Buddies" accessable at

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/montereydivebuddies/

For some reason there hasn't been any activity there for a few months, but there are 52 local divers in the group and a bunch of great links listed on the Yahoo site.

There is also a Bay Area Diving Yahoo group at

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/ba_diving/

with 1449 members. (never used it, but it is there for you to check out during your SI's)

Wristshot

Welcome to the board!

Joe

Back
Top Bottom