Checklist before leaving for diving [sample included] - What to take.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

True. All I had was my mask and a full measure of trust and faith in people. :wink:

R..

Can't see anything possibly going wrong with that plan..................:rofl3:

I make notes and lists for everything under the sun to an obsession (ask my wife.....) EXCEPT for scuba.
3 diving situations:
1. diving from our house (or a condo in winter) ei. walk from inside building and into the water.
2. diving out of my car (at home in NS or down South when in the US for months).
3. taking a charter boat.

All my stuff is there and I almost never dive more than once a week and am retired. That's enough time to get it all set to go without a list.....

oh, sorry, addendum: I did do that one trip to Panama (2011) when I flew. Just recently read an article in Dive Training about what to bring on a flight, ei.: how to trim down on dive gear and general travel stuff in order to save on baggage fees. I'm not the smartest sandwich in the elevator, but I thought of all that stuff back then on my own.

Last edited:
Why is it that you forget half this stuff when we go?

Ah. The term "robe" sort of conjured up a different image.

42baebdf30577af53403fb0a276f7f58.jpg

Here's the spreadsheet I use. A touch more comprehensive as I use it for travel stuff as well as dive gear. For trips - especially liveaboards - I get very paranoid about forgetting something. Below is populated for a recent trip to Truk.

So what I do is:

- Put an X in spreadsheet in Excel when I'm planning what to bring, and print list
- Each X when I lay each item out as I prepare to pack
- Highlight the whole item once it actually goes into the suitcase

I must admit, that for local diving I pretty much just throw all my crap in the back of my car and go. If I don't have it... I can borrow it.

Reactions: RJP

Back
Top Bottom