Christi's Redesigned Web Site

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Very nice Christi, the new look is sleek and very easy to navagate, can't wait to see the final project!!!

rje634:
Christi, So far so good, the new website is coming along very nicely. :thumb:

http://www.bluextseadiving.com

Hi Christi,

Looking good, and I'm glad that COZ is getting back on it's feet! :D

A couple comments. On the about us page, the photo's on the right overlay the text.

Once an under construction page is hit, no other page works again (they ALL come up under construction) until on hits home.

I'm using Mozilla (rather than netscape) so *maybe* these issues are specific to that browser.

If this is not happening for you, I can go in under IE and see if the problem persists.

Nice job on the site navagation, as a web designer myself I can tell you that many professionals do NOT do a good job of navagation, so Kudos!

RonFrank:
On the about us page, the photo's on the right overlay the text.

I'm using Mozilla (rather than netscape) so *maybe* these issues are specific to that browser.
I see the same problem. It didn't matter which browser I used as I tried IE, Firefox (Mozilla based), and Safari.

It may be the broken stylesheet entry:
.leftSidePic { width: 186; height: 100%; }

width: 186 needs to have a unit after it (px, I would guess).

Terry

diveborg:
I see the same problem. It didn't matter which browser I used as I tried IE, Firefox (Mozilla based), and Safari.

Thanks Bruce, Ron, Stang, and Web Monkey for that info!

I'm not sure what th overlay problem is...it's fine on my browser (IE) and we tested it for Netscape and Firefox as well. I'll check into that.

As far as the navigation goes, it's not all integrated yet which is why you may have to hit HOME and then go to the page you want to get to for now. As I mentioned in my previous post, I hope to have it all finished by Sunday.

Bruce, I am not doing it ALL by myself. I have a professional doing the coding and layout...but I have been very much involved with the layout and design...features...and am writing all of the text. One reason I can't change typos right now is because we are still working on coding and integrating the software to each page so that I can get in to do the daily updates.

We decided to go ahead and put it up page by page so that I CAN get some feedback and so that the site isn't dead :) Also keeps me really on top of it to get it finished :)

Thanks again for all the feedback...it really is appreciated and I'll look into those issues:)

Personal preference maybe, but I find the box on the left that begins with "What's NEW" to be hard to read. Perhaps the box needs to be less traslucent or the Font stronger(?)

Dunno. -If I'm the only one who thinks it's hard to read, feel free to ignore me. :wink:

Back
Top Bottom