http://www.diveheart.org/

Christmas - elves - children

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Missdirected

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hiya all. 'tis the season when all of us become warm and fuzzy or for some of us absolutely insane, hehehhe. No matter, I think one thing stands true and it is the children during the holiday's and the magic in their eyes.

All of us can only imagine what Kimber's children have gone through this year with almost losing their mother. Something most of can't even fathom, nor want to for that matter. Anyway, this thread is not about that. This is about good, fun, secret stuff :reindeer: (well secret to some, hehehe) All of us know money is tight in Kimber's household now. Her days are spent in rehabilitation. Work is out of the question for now. So I was thinking all of us could help

Here it is: We could all pitch in and play Santa's helpers. A certain elf, not sure who she is :54:, wrote to the kids the other night requesting their wish list for Santa. Anyway, she got it back and passed it along to us here at SB. I am thinking if peeps would like to buy a gift they could mail it on (pm me for address). Alternately, if people wanted to put a couple dollars towards a gift they could send it to me. I am more than happy to don my santa hat and do some shopping I bet I can even get some SB'ers to help do the wrapping (me thinks I remember someone offering to dress up as Santa).

Anyway that is the idea. Any thoughts or ideas are more than welcome.

Oh and the wish list... ta da:

This is from Kylia:
Dear Santa,
For Christmas I need short socks 6.5
Shorts or Jeans size 12 or 14
Dresses size 14
Skirts - large/14
Shirts - large: Two from Buckle - Secret Santa Cash - as well as Jbryaniv and Darilyn
Shoes - 6.5 - SecretSanta Cash
Chapert Books - Series of Unfortunate Events, Manga, and Judy Blum books - SecretSanta Cash; entire set of 13(?) of Series of Unfortunate Events (she has a lot of reading to do) :D

Boots 6.5
Things I would like is Harry Potter, Scene it Edition
Heelies - SecretSanta Cash
psp and games: abaduck - PS3
Barbie - cheerleaders - Barbie Sing and Cheer Musical Cheerleader Set - SecretSant Cash
Buck-a-Roo
MP3 player: taken care of by, SantaShakeyBrainSurgeon :christmas:
Case for IPod - SecretSanta Cash
Certificate for music 4 player - SantaJimLap :xmas:
Sunglasses
Uggs - Jtoorish - in pink no less :santa3:
PacSun gift card for clothes - SecretSanta cash

Merry Christmas,
Love Kylia

*A lil note on Kylia; she prefers to wear dresses and skirts rather than long pants/jeans.

And Logan:

Dear Santa,
I have some things I would like for Christmas. These are some things I need:
Shoes - size 6 - SecretSanta Cash Those are the crazy checkered shoes :madnoel:
Pants (large - size 14)
Gift Cert Macy's - Jtoorish :santa3:
Long and short sleeve shirts - Large - Jbraniv and Darilyn for plain shirts
Boxer briefs - medium - Jbryaniv
Long crew socks - size same as shoes
A new back-pack - MissyP :xmas:
And here are some I'd like:
A psp and games: See above... abaduck - PS3 :reindeer:
Manga Books (Fruit Basket, Sakura Taisen, Anima etc.) -
Naruto disk launcher hand sign game - SecretSanta Cash
The computer games, World of Warcraft - SecretSanta Cash
MP3 player: taken care of by, SantaShakeyBrainSurgeon :christmas:
Case for iPod - SecretSanta Cash
Music for player: SantaJimLap :xmas:
Uggs
Digital Camera - SecretSanta Cash
Heelies - SecretSanta Cash

This is my wishlist I hope I can get these and thank you!
Sincerely,
Logan

Note: Logan is historian for his 4-h club and I found out he could really use a digital camera for it. So if anyone has one or whatever.... That is just my own thought. It wasn't actually on his list.

And Jeremy, (this list took some time to get - he is nearing 16 this guy)

Dear Santa, I have been very good this year. I made up the little christmas list you asked for.
Thank you,
Jeremy

Red Oneill psycho 2 wetsuit 4:3 or 3:2 size M or Quicksilver CL3 limited edition 3:4 size M - I have one now but it is borrowed and I go surfing almost everyday; JS1Scuba/Joel sent the following for Jeremy: AquaLung Aquaflex 3:2 full suit black/charcoal, AquaLung Hooded Vest 6:6, DeepSea 5mil Echo zip boots, and DeepSea Dry Comfort glove

***LRG shirts in size XL...white, black, green, blue, or any combination of colors.
Sweatpants size M any color - SecretSanta Cash - plus shirt to match
Basketball shorts M - SecretSanta Cash - also got a shirt to match
White Tees XL
Any plain color shirts XL - Jbryaniv and Darilyn
LRG jacket size L
Nike shoes 10 1/2, black, white, red, grey, blue,....or any combo really - SecretSanta Cash
PacSun Gift Certificate: SecretSanta Cash

Some things I'd like are:

Ipod - SecretSanta Cash
Case for iPod - SecretSanta Cash
White Chocolate phone
exilim digital camera - Not exilim but digital camera was gotten with SecretSanta Cash

Tupac shirt size XL
"The Player" Nixon watch - all black or gold
Red SD hat size 7 3/8 Padres or Chargers
Stores I like; SunDiego, Best Buy, PacSun, and Target
Charger's tickets
Apple macbook computer

Tank you

Okay so there we are. If anyone is not sure of what something is (like me) pm me and I will find out. I can also give you my address or anything else I may have missed off of here.

**LRG is a brand name for those who, like myself, had no idea

Oh I wanted to add that quite honestly, I know many of us need a helping hand throughout our lifetimes. I know of one other mom that is part of this SB family that could probably use a little help as she is struggling to get back on her feet as well (waiting to hear back from this person). I can only do what we can do together. If there is anyone that knows of another SB family member that could really use some help, this holiday season, mention it and we will add their child and see what we can accomplish together.

Okay thought I best add another bit for our cash Santa's
SantaWebHead
SantaJimLap
Mr. & Mrs. Claus Almity
Several Anonymous Santa's
SoCalAngel
El & Elzie
Desert_Diver/Art
NauiFins73/Becky
Jbryaniv and Darilyn
PacketSniffer
DesertDiver
SJSPeck
CIMI Diver - Visa Cards

Please note, I am updating this post as information changes. For instance - sizes or items that may have been purchased. So just keep in mind it is changing. Thanks

oh shucks Miss.... what an excellent thing we can do to put some smiles on the kids faces!!!!

they have had a tough year and here they are asking for socks and shoes!!

i will pm you soon to ask you to buy my gift!

i love this secret santa stuff.... i have so much in my life to be greatful for so to be in a position to help out someone else is a great feeling!!

almitywife:
oh sucks Miss.... what an excellent thing we can do to put some smiles on the kids faces!!!!

i love this secret santa stuff.... i have so much in my life to be greatful for so to be in a position to help out someone else is a great feeling!!
What Almity said :D

I'll come up with something and get with you, or you can give me some suggestions based on what others are going to do

Great doings Miss :D
... That's why we call you Sunshine :mostlysun

I'm right there... just need to make sure that we don't overlap in what we get. Ok, if it is just money, feel free to overlap like crazy.

Sweeeeet.....I'll be happy to chip in what I can!:)

Okay people, I seem to have left some information off. So sorry I was running around like a nut today. The kids are 8 and 10 with Kylia being the youngest. I will be sure to denote things on the list that have already been purchased! As for money, I will buy things and take pics of my, ummmmm, shopping adventures? :winky: Also my paypal is: msdrctd@verizon.net

I am happy to offer an accounting to anyone when paypal sends it to me :) If you purchase something you can send it to me for wrapping and I will mail everything at once. Please be sure to let me know who you are :) You can also send things directly to Kimber, if you would like. Say if plans are to wrap them first. Just thinking we can't leave her to wrap a lot of things just yet. So I think I have covered it. Any questions, please, please, please, just ask.

Thank you everyone from the bottom of my heart.

almitywife:
oh shucks Miss.... what an excellent thing we can do to put some smiles on the kids faces!!!!

It is a good feeling. I was allowed to help with the abuse shelter here a couple of years ago. I can not tell you how much fun that was, really fun! Last year we helped with some older kids, as they are often forgotten for the sake of the younger ones. Pretty cool stuff.

I love doing stuff like this.:D I've been in situations where I needed help before:( and it came through:11: . The rewards are immense and sometimes unlooked for. For 6 yrs I've been donating to the United Way through work. They match my contribution. Well I got ticked off at them the day they had the sign up. So I showed them:crafty: . I doubled my yearly amt so they would have to throw some more of their money in. I showed em! And you know what they did to me? Gave me an extra vacation day that I could take to be with my son when he comes home for Christmas on leave. Rotten employer:D .

We're in for whatever you need us for Miss D...

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom