Class Report: GUE Primer 5/14 - 5/15 with Bob Sherwood

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Your review is having me look at taking this class (and it actually IS the type of class I have been looking for (finning, trim, buoyancy etc).

Primer is a great place to start it seems. I would have taken it if I didnt have an exam schedule immediately following the class.

Your review is having me look at taking this class (and it actually IS the type of class I have been looking for (finning, trim, buoyancy etc).

That is what this class is all about; really honing in those skills, and going beyond the "same ocean buddy" style of OW diving.

What nylon webbing are you all talking about? Is this something unique to Halcyon wings?

A picture here. It's a nylon webbing piece that is around where the elbow joins the corrugated hose. I would assume it's for protecting the joint as well as assisting with corrugated hose routing.

DirDirect :: ALL HALCYON KIT :: Halcyon Wings and Wing Systems :: Parts, Accessories & Weight Systems :: Halcyon Corrugated Hose

Here are "better" shots of my ancient, (note it is brown) Pioneer 27 wing. The nylon here is too small to route a hose through, but my new(er) Evolve 40 has it large enough, and I'll bet it could be done with the new Eclipses. Imagine the hose running through this along with the two rubber bands on the corrugated hose. Cleans up the hose routing a bit and makes everything THAT much neater.

DSC00671.jpg

DSC00672.jpg

That piece is not present on any of my wings, so it appears to be a Halcyon thing.

That piece is not present on any of my wings, so it appears to be a Halcyon thing.

My Oxycheq Mach V (singles) wing doesn't have that piece exactly, but there's a piece of webbing oriented perpendicular to that which I route the hose through.

Sorry, change of plans. Seems I have to go down to NC this weekend on some family business. Next time though.

Thanks, but Richmond's a little far for me. I do know of those great folks from hanging out with them at Rawlings.

We will be able to hook up sometime, I hope. The water at Rawlings will feel like a hot spring compared to the water at Dutch last weekend. Like taking a Bath.

I do belong to the Richmond Dive Club, just never get to go to the meetings. I live a good 40 miles from the meetings. Plus my daughter has drum lessons on the same day and time. Since she has a vision of one day being like Neil from Rush, or who ever she has her sights on, the lessons are much more important right now. Plus I get my weekly greek cookie from the med market.

A picture here. It's a nylon webbing piece that is around where the elbow joins the corrugated hose. I would assume it's for protecting the joint as well as assisting with corrugated hose routing.

I used to route my inflator hose the same way - through the webbing - and yes, Bob showed me :wink: But it was always a bit of a struggle, and I got concerned about wear and tear on the corrugated hose by squeezing the quick release fitting by. So I put a 3rd piece of inner tube up on the elbow, and it serves the same purpose. It's not quite as slick as routing it through the webbing, but cleaner than without it.

Henrik
(yeah, I'm OCD too ... <shrug>)

Gear was so much more streamlined when all we had was one reg, no SPG, no dang BCD or wingthingy. Just fins, mask, tank on a hard plate, and the single regulator hose. And the knife. Don't forget the knife! Hard to get more streamlined than that! :D

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom