Class Report - UTD Essentials of Rec (9/10-9/12)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Not the only one

I can attest to Mikemiller's statement... I suggested he get an underwater beeper sound, you know the one you hear when the large trucks are backing up.... :D

Seriously have you seen Miller in doubles back kicking? You'd better be out of the way if you don't want a fin in your mask.... :wink:

Yeah, seems like there's one in every group that excels in that skill. Matt was my class's star back-kicker. I gave up trying for awhile and would push off against him (cheating, I know). I'll keep trying, maybe work it out with other poor back-kickers. Maybe have a back-kicking day, where that's all we do. Who's in? :)

I should probably add that it's not necessarily about how awesome my back kick is, but rather about the fact that my ankles and I seem to have a disagreement about rolling as much as I feel like they should be during my frog kicks. :)

Brian,

I personally think the back kick is a critical and much needed skill in diving our waters... All too common we get pushed into a rock or kelp; the back kick then goes into play immediately trying to restablishing proper positioning.

Any time. I need to do mucho work on that skill...

Yeah, seems like there's one in every group that excels in that skill. Matt was my class's star back-kicker. I gave up trying for awhile and would push off against him (cheating, I know). I'll keep trying, maybe work it out with other poor back-kickers. Maybe have a back-kicking day, where that's all we do. Who's in? :)

I'm game. You can have my ultra-flexxy Volo fins if you win!

Sorry... Ninja edit. What would I do with those fins :wink:

Lunch sounds better

Brian,

I personally think the back kick is a critical and much needed skill in diving our waters... All too common we get pushed into a rock or kelp; the back kick then goes into play immediately trying to restablishing proper positioning.

Or you push off your buddy. Told you I cheat.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom