Classes/skills to master for wreck diving..

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

JimC:
I wonl't go into an overhead environment without doubles.

I took Cavern and Intro on a single. Being back 1000 feet into peacock on a single 95 with an H-Valve and turning at 3rds I realised just how nuts that was.

Of course when you realized you shouldn't have been there it was too late already right?... :11:

I've got 2 PST E7 100's I use as singles. I have a new isolator sitting around in the box. I just need bands and a doubles wing. I'm holding off because if I double them up I know I'll want more tanks for singles for shore/rec dives and don't have the $ yet. I'm also in no hurry. I'm content right now peeking in wrecks, surveying them, some easy large swim throughs and stuff. I get the willies just looking inside just imagining what could go wrong. I'm thinking if I do Cavern in the spring maybe a single would be best. I don't want to rush into diving doubles and do Cavern if I'm not totally comfortable diving them. If I recall an H-valve is mandatory? Could I do Cavern with a 30cuft. slung bottle with no H-valve on my single? I'm at a crossroads.

RiverRat:
Of course when you realized you shouldn't have been there it was too late already right?... :11:
Yep, I was just following the "rules". It didn't really click until after the dive when I looked at my gage and saw how little gas was left. Turned on thirds the we did a lost line drill about 500 feet from exit and then exited lights out exit.

RiverRat:
I've got 2 PST E7 100's I use as singles. I have a new isolator sitting around in the box. I just need bands and a doubles wing. I'm holding off because if I double them up I know I'll want more tanks for singles for shore/rec dives and don't have the $ yet.
If you double the 100's you can keep using them for rec dives. I use doubles for rec dives all the time now. 72's (one dive) or 130s (two dives). I doubt I will use a single this year unless I got on a trip.

RiverRat:
If I recall an H-valve is mandatory? Could I do Cavern with a 30cuft. slung bottle with no H-valve on my single? I'm at a crossroads.
Cavern can be done in open water gear with a safety spool and a light. Scary as that is. You need an H-Valve for Intro Cave. Leave the pony at home, no instructor is going to let you use it. 30cf isn't enough to get out of most intro dives.

RiverRat:

I've got 2 PST E7 100's I use as singles. I have a new isolator sitting around in the box. I just need bands and a doubles wing. I'm holding off because if I double them up I know I'll want more tanks for singles for shore/rec dives and don't have the $ yet. I'm also in no hurry. I'm content right now peeking in wrecks, surveying them, some easy large swim throughs and stuff. I get the willies just looking inside just imagining what could go wrong. I'm thinking if I do Cavern in the spring maybe a single would be best. I don't want to rush into diving doubles and do Cavern if I'm not totally comfortable diving them. If I recall an H-valve is mandatory? Could I do Cavern with a 30cuft. slung bottle with no H-valve on my single? I'm at a crossroads.

Another option might be to use them as independant doubles. If you're not dealing with a manifold taking bands on and off is a breeze.

Back
Top Bottom