Clearest/Best/Most Interesting Fresh Water in AK

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

i can deal with poor visibility, but I am aware that breakup really clouds the water. All that winter's worth of dog poo in the water, as well as other things. I think I am gonna go alongside the Seward Highway near Bird Point today. You know those marshy ponds on the mountain-side of the road where creeks and avalanche melt collects? Those look about as clear as anything, and they melt out pretty early. We'll see. I'd love to read what you guys have so far in that freshwater guidebook. If you want, I'll contribute what I collect as far as info and pics.

The pond alongside the highway sucked, as I figured it would. Nothing was thawed except for a few feet of water on the corner of a large avalanche-melt pool. But I got to test out some new gear and take a few crappy pictures! It was worth it! It was kinda neat to see six inches or more of crystal-clear ice built up on the bottom of the pond, coating everything and making weird shapes. Quite ethereal.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom