Clearly Cayman Resort - Big Changes and Improvements in 2019

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

KathyV

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Edited to add: I have deleted the link to the pricing document that I found online. The more I look at the language about "sell" and "base" and "calculating commission" and "net rates" the more convinced I am that the pricing document is confidential and was made publically available in error, but I think that the information below about the recent changes is of interest.

As always, you can look for sales and work out the best pricing for your trip; and I am sure that they will be offering some good options at the Long Beach, CA scuba show this weekend.

Anyway, it looks like the Clearly Cayman Resorts have made significant efforts to standardize their offerings and increase the value offered by all 3 resorts.

It also appears that they have slightly changed the name at the Cobalt Coast Resort; it is listed as the "Cobalt Coast Resort on Grand Cayman", not the "Cobalt Coast Grand Cayman Resort".

You can still add-on Nitrox and drinks packages for additional charges at all 3 resorts.

There have been fewer changes at CBBR but they did extensive remodeling there just a few years ago. I'm surprised that they didn't mention the menu dining room now being offered by Brac on a few nights a week, but maybe that hasn't been a popular option and won't last - the buffet food is very good.

With the release of our 2019 rates, we're making changes to provide guests even better experiences.

Little Cayman Beach Resort
  • Morning boat dives will include weekly trips over to Cayman Brac to dive the MV Captain Keith Tibbetts and another of their well-known dive sites without additional charge – weather permitting 
  • Our new, expanded dive training and photo center will be in full operation 
  • The use of our bicycles and watersports equipment (kayaks and SUPs) will be complimentary for all guests
  • Our newly expanded lobby and indoor/outdoor dining room will be open for more comfortable enjoyment of meals 
  • We have added accommodation/meals/diving package rates at The Club at Little Cayman Beach Resort. These are very nice villas with up to 3 bedrooms which make ideal accommodation alternatives for families and close friends who’d like to share common space. The Club is less than 5- minutes walking to the main resort where meals will be eaten and boarding dive boats will take place. Guests at The Club have the use of common areas of both properties.

Cayman Brac Beach Resort 
  • Morning boat dives will make weekly trips over to Little Cayman to dive Bloody Bay Wall and another of their well-known dive sites without additional charge – weather permitting 
  • The use of our bicycles and watersports equipment (kayaks) will be complimentary for all guests

Cobalt Coast Resort on Grand Cayman
  • Daily afternoon 1-tank boat dives are now available as part of 2019 3-tank packages or may be added onto 2-tank packages for an additional charge.
  • Shore diving off our dock remains available at no charge to guests on dive packages – weather permitting.
  • Afternoon boat dives booked as part of a dive package also include trips to the Kittiwake and Stingray City without additional charge – weather permitting. 
  • All rooms in our main resort now have new, individually controlled air conditioners to allow guests to manage their own in-room temperature. 
  • During 2018 we have added a new shore diving preparation area, updated the pool, added a jetted hot tub, installed new pool decking, upgraded the outdoor dining area, and furnished rooms in the main resort with new furniture and linens.
  • Look for more improvements in response to guest feedback to continue into 2019.

Last edited:
Is The Club at Little Cayman really less than a 5 minute walk from LCBR? It seems farther but maybe I am thinking of the wrong place?

Yes, it is very close to the east. I would call it about a 2-3 minute walk down the beach.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom