Closest diving to Hyderabad, India?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

biersal

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I am moving to Hyderabad next month and was looking to see if there was a location nearby to do some weekend diving. I guess I could take a cheap flight to Chennai, Goa or even Colombo but I was wondering if there are any locations within driving distance...like say Machilipatnam or Visakhapatnam.

Goa is nearest, Sri Lanka is next, and the Admins and Maldives are best. India is not a dive mecca by any means. Get used to flying around on Kingfisher or Jet Airways.

Where in Hyderabad will you be? I'm over there every 6 to 10 weeks

Doesn't seem like the flight schedules work out too well to do any weekend dives...going to have to build up some vacation time. I live in the cyberabad/madhapur area.

Pondy and goa, both are an overnight journey from hyderabad by bus.. diving in pondy is way better than goa though!!! If u r in mainland india, do a dive in pondy.. its a must!! Get in touch with temple adventures.. awesome ppl to dive with.. I try to dive in pondy once every month :) will b going there again probably sometime late next month.. do get back if you are still in town. I think diving in goa won't b possible this time of year though!!!

How is the vis this time of year in Pondy? Overnight bus would be a good possibility I didn't think about. I guess the plan would be heading down Friday night diving at least Saturday afternoon, a few dives on Sunday before getting the overnight bus back to Hyd? I would be interested in heading down there in July...let me know.

the viz varies all year round. but a general guideline may be found at Temple Adventure Scuba Diving and Surfing India.
there is no night diving as of yet.. but talks are going on about having a dawn dive. what i do is get a bus on thursday night. reach on friday. chill around on friday. then do two dives on saturday and two more on sunday. and then get back monday morning.
we ll try and head there this july then. 3rd or 4th week!!!

I haven't accumulated a full day off yet at my new job so I would have to get a Friday bus and head back on a Sunday night. That will still allow me to get in at least 3 dives and that is all right by me. I think that the 4th week would work best for me, but if you are going this upcoming week let me know and I will see what I can do. Want to try out my new bp/w setup!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom