Cobalt 2?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ive dove with mine in the pool a couple times already. The speed is a lot quicker and like you mentioned, the compass is night and day difference. I leave for Mexico on Monday and will get to put it to the test down there :)

heh, mine didn't arrive in time for my own Cozumel trip, and I had another failure with a Suunto Cobra (this one a mark 3) - odd to get to about 100ft and see 4000psi suddenly and 11ft on your gauge!

At any rate, have a good trip, looks like I've made a good decision (with thanks to a very patient Ron R) to hold out for the model II.

Got mine (finally)... Sure is a pretty unit... Navigation is super quick, and the compass seems to do a very decent job (above water!)

Have to wait to get it wet, but I'm super pleased so far just being able to parse a menu on my dive computer without hassle.

Thanks again to a very patient RonR, here's to years using this thing for my diving.

Glad that finally came through for you- sorry it wasn't in time for your trip, but hopefully worth waiting for.

One thing we did find is that there is a bit that was out of place in the first firmware release, this will prevent downloading dives to a PC or Mac. It's not giving the desktop software the version information correctly, so it stalls the download. There should be a firmware version (already done) that fixes this posted at the Atomic site shortly. This doesn't affect the memory or storage, and once the new firmware is in place you will be able to download all your dives. But if anyone sees this, it's not the fault of the desktop software.

Ron

Hi Ron,
A quick question. Is there any way to delete a dive from the dive log. The unit comes with 1 dive logged in from when the unit is tested at factory.

Hi Ron,
A quick question. Is there any way to delete a dive from the dive log. The unit comes with 1 dive logged in from when the unit is tested at factory.
They all come with that factory test dive. There isn't any way to delete a single dive, though there is a method to clear the entire dive log memory. Let me know if you want to do that.

Ron

They all come with that factory test dive. There isn't any way to delete a single dive, though there is a method to clear the entire dive log memory. Let me know if you want to do that.

Ron

Sure, I might as well delete everything since I haven't used the computer for a dive yet. But, I'm guessing I will also lose all my settings right?

Hooked it up today, and it downloaded a new FW file that I'm assuming is actually older than the one actually on the unit... (naturally didn't flash it)

Tried downloading this supposed demo dive and it wouldn't go, so not sure I've quite mastered the trick.

It is still however fun to mess around with the "demo" dives :)

I took it out today for the first time. This is my first cobalt, so cannot comment on how it compares to cobalt 1. The screen was great, easy to read and buttons were easy to use with gloves on. The compass was quick.

The supplied clip, slid down on the hose during the dive. However, after sliding it up on to the collar it seemed to stay there for the balance of the dive, but I can see this coming loose over time and becoming annoying.

I did a fairly shallow dive today with a max of 33 ft and a total dive time of 66 min. When coming for for my safety stop though, it did not highlight a safety stop and time me. I did have my backup wrist computer which I was able to use which did count down my safety stop. Perhaps it didn't highlight a safety stop because I did not go deep enough? Has anyone else experienced this? I always do a safety stop whenever I dive.

Back
Top Bottom