Cobra Suunto3 computer

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Good feedback gang!! The contacts stopped working on my Uwatec Smart Com and the LDS has offered a Cobra3 in exchange. Y'all helped a lot!!

Consider yourself lucky. I and our dive team as a whole have resolved to inform as many divers as possible of the very negative experience we have had Uwatec thus far. We purchased 8 Suunto Cobra dive computers, as well as 8 Black Diamond BCDs, 8 AquaLung Legend regs, etc. That was in 2006. Our SAR team is not abusive to the equipment, but we do dive it more than your average recreational diver. Ultimately the story ends with 1 computer failing last year and being informed after it was sent to the manufacturer that it was not repairable and that it was not under warranty so basically we are SOL. I can see a piece of equipment failing and it being the random outlier. Problem is that the exact thing happened again 6 months ago to another Cobra and we were told the same thing and that we are SOL basically. Now we have another Cobra that appears to be failing exactly as the others did. Now 3 dive computers failing within a year of each other? 3 computers failing within 3 years of purchase? I recommended we not go with AquaLung or Uwatec gear initially and have to say I feel vindicated with the poor service we have gotten from Uwatec and poor performance of their product. Especially considering we have to seek grants to maintain our team training and equipment, it leave a very bitter taste in the mouth when you realize you wasted several thousand dollars.

Sorry about the rant, but I think it is important people be aware of the service Uwatec chooses to provide and especially when considering we are a volunteer dive SAR team. My personal Oceanic ProPlus has never given me a days hassle in 7 years by the way.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom