Coco View Food

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I was at CCV last week. I tried almost all the food they offered and didn't find anything that wasn't good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I guess I find "rice and beans" not up to the standards of an AI Resort. I think they would benefit from putting more emphasis on the food by hiring a chef. I for one would be willing to pay the extra. We too are reluctant to go back because of the food.

I guess I find "rice and beans" not up to the standards of an AI Resort. I think they would benefit from putting more emphasis on the food by hiring a chef. I for one would be willing to pay the extra. We too are reluctant to go back because of the food.

I've been reading this thread but have not commented because I have not been to CocoView. It's on my bucket list, though. What I will say is that I would rather have an excellent plate of homestyle rice and beans (or baleadas for that matter--we ARE talking Honduras) than a mediocre plate of tarted up rubber-chicken "AI resort" food. I'm thinking of what I ate at AKR. I've never eaten resort food that I felt was truly a gourmet experience, even at high-end non-diving-related resorts. So why bother with the pretense, especially at a dive resort? For my money, I'd rather they just serve what the local cook is capable of doing well. CocoView sounds like my kind of place.

If you go to Coco View for fine dining you have your "other issues" :D

Or if you go anywhere on Roatan expecting haute cuisine, you're in for a surprise.

It is interesting that occasionally AKR wins higher points for food, but I believe it's exactly the same stuff, except... you order off a limited (daily) menu, and it is served to you (in Honduran glacial pace) by a waitstaff. Presentation counts for a lot, I guess.

This is the only reason I can figure that people rave about Geos or Romeos, two Island restaurants that if they were located in Ohio would be out of business in a month. Funny how the tropics can play tricks on your palate.

I have seen, in one of the 65+ weeks that I have dined at CCV, a couple who would "dress" for dinner. He wanted to dive 5x a day, but he throttled back as his wife would appear at 6:15 every night in a long dress and heels. They had brought a case of wine for their week at this old school real-deal dive resort.

BTW- at CCV there is always available rice and beans during lunch, they make it every day for the staff's demands, and there's plenty on the pull-out trolley that is used for salad bar in the evenings. I'm certain, that if you asked the kitchen ladies, they'd whip you up a plateful in the evening meal as well.

My wife refers to a week there as "The Cocoview 5". She's a size 8, but she can eat her weight in meat. No stranger to the knife and fork, she.

Everybody has their personal opinions about comestibles and mastication thereof, but in terms of the CCV desert offerings, when they put out the "Tres Leche Cake", that's when I double up on the insulin.

Non nom nom nom

I love the food at CCV. The LAST thing I want, when I am doing a dive dive dive trip, is over spiced, over sauced, over fatty food. I want food that will sit well in my stomach, make me full, and not spending my time in the restroom... seriously.

You've apparently been eating spicy food at the wrong place, RobinT. Your interest is valid but it's lack of cleanliness, not spice, that causes the problem you mention.

My family has no problem with the food. We will be back again this Spring and last year maybe had one meal that was kinda meh. The rest was very good and some was really good. There was enough variety to make all of us happy.

If you want Michelin ratings you are in the wrong place.

I understand the op comments. When I was their I overheard many comments about subpar food. For a resort that caters to a majority usa clientel it would be nice to see more Americanized food offered. Spaghetti , hot dogs , decent tasting burgers. And most important dessert that is not runny (flan). The shrimp that was served was awful , and I love shrimp. The rest of the resort I have no complaint. I would love to go back but hesitate because the food was not the best.

I'd actually prefer more local food, especially if that's what they can do well - rather than poor attempts at Americanized food, which is mostly what we saw. And more veggies.

It's basically impossible to tell from this thread if the food is basically the same now as what we had or not, because everyone is coming from a different place on it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom