Coco View vs Reef House?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

..... I've read all through it and looked at Doc's great photos, so I'm wondering - what has changed significantly? Do the above comments still apply?

The above also references images of FIBR which has declined in a substantial measure. I have not been to RHR recently, but there have been two to three fairly recent reports here on SB.

The above also references images of FIBR which has declined in a substantial measure. I have not been to RHR recently, but there have been two to three fairly recent reports here on SB.
Yup, i did read reviews on tripadvisor before whittling our choices down to CCV or RHR. We eliminated FIBR because the reviews were pretty sketchy.
There are not a lot of reviews of RHR on tripadvisor and only a couple are recent. I searched SB for 'Reef House' and none of the threads i found were all that recent. That's how i came across this one. Did i somehow miss more recent reports?
Is there a way to sort search results by post date? I scrolled though an awful lot of really old threads.

Did you use advanced search and sort by recent date? Otherwise you may see older stuff up front

Click the More button at the bottom of the search box.

Capture.JPG

I started my teenage daughters at CCV as Jr newbie divers. It is not just the easy diving but the support and encouragement they received from newfound friends on the dive boat to the DM/Captain and the rest of the CCV staff. I cannot say enough about Patty at dockside dive center and Andrea for any small medical issues in keeping my girls in the water and totally happy about it. The front yard is so easy to navigate that they never got nervous about where they were. CCV might be equaled by another operation but it is difficult to envision ANYONE exceeding them. I would recommend them for new divers without hesitation. I have no experience with RHR though.

We are off tomorrow for yet another CCV trip. It does become a habit and a good one at that.

I have been to both resorts although it's been maybe 5 or so years ago. Liked both but if I were given a choice between the two, I'd definitely go back to RHR. I thought the overall resort at CCV was nicer but I go on a dive vacation for diving and hands down the dive sites we visited with RHR was a better experience. I think we saw one other boat the entire week. Most of their dive sites they have to themselves. I think Davit, their DM, found like 15 seahorses for the week. He is awesome!

The food was better also at RHR. Closer to home cooking in my opinion and very tasty. I thought the food at CCV was OK.

I think of CCV as "scuba camp". If you want to dive, and only dive, this may be the best place for it. When I was last there with my family (we are all divers) we had a fantastic time. Between the boat and shore diving, everybody got their fill, we ranged from a minimum of 16 dives to a maximum of 22 dives.

Accommodations are nice but not luxurious. Food is filling but not gourmet. We had an evening meal in French Harbor (price not included in CCV but they provided transportation to and from the restaurant). That was nice, delicious and not too expensive.

All in all, CCV was a great place to experience Roatan's diving. I give it a 10 out of 10 on a Caribbean scale.

I started my teenage daughters at CCV as Jr newbie divers. It is not just the easy diving but the support and encouragement they received from newfound friends on the dive boat to the DM/Captain and the rest of the CCV staff. I cannot say enough about Patty at dockside dive center and Andrea for any small medical issues in keeping my girls in the water and totally happy about it. The front yard is so easy to navigate that they never got nervous about where they were. CCV might be equaled by another operation but it is difficult to envision ANYONE exceeding them. I would recommend them for new divers without hesitation. I have no experience with RHR though.

We are off tomorrow for yet another CCV trip. It does become a habit and a good one at that.

My daughter was certified at CCV in 2012 and we have been back 3 times since. Completely echo the comments above - great instruction, great dive staff. Patty and Andrea treat my daughter like their own family every time we go back.

Patty and Andrea treat my daughter like their own family every time we go back.

To me, that's what it's all about. When dive friends become like family and TREAT you like family, it's hard not to keep going back time after time. We remember the way people make us FEEL :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom