CoCoView Roatan CHEAP! May 15-22, 2004

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jrock1014:
Do you have anything going in July?

Not July, but you might want to wait for the four day period after the August full moon- coral spawning time. The water is thick with critters from Bloodworms to Larval Crustaceans.

Our next trip will be December 11th at $650.

It's going to take that long to sort out all of the information that we intend to collect on this trip. What we're doing here is trying to perfect the teaching of methods to elicit "Voluntary Creature Interaction".

We have the techniques pretty well down pat, it's just a matter of conveying that to participants and seeing if they have similar success.

It will involve the enticing of Squid, Octopus, Eels, Rays, and Turtles to make their own decision to interact with the diver who will be "giving the signals" to attract the critter.

This trip- we did indeed fill it, unfortunately not from any one at ScubaBoard. I did appreciate the large volume of PM's I received from those interested in the process of Voluntary Creature interaction.

Anything we can do to make diving more enjoyable, to let us have great tales to relate to co-workers- will help us build the sport.

We have to get past the standard questions from co-workers about SCUBA diving... How deep do you go? Aren't you afraid of Sharks?

How about when you tell them you had an Octopus sit on your head?

We'll share what we learned with all.

Thanks, we all await the --well it would not be PC to write my first much cuter thoughts-- photos with the octopus on your head.

Between Doc's first post and Dee's pictures, I am hooked.

Let's see:
Wyoming in Dec the water is harder than the rocks and the temp is near 0 degrees, should be a no brainer :)

I think the Dec trip is a very nice Christmas present to me :christmas

That /would/ have been *me* in the cast.
I signed up with Capn Randy, but a lady in a Camry hit me head onin my bigger truck and shattered my heel.
I could not dive or dance, so I stayed home!<grrrrrr>
>You can dive, right? (not a cast,etc?) :dance:

I am looking forward to your daily reports and let me know how much fun Randy and Ron Miller are having without me!

Martha, in the lovely Hill Country,but would rather be diving at Cocoview.

tx_caver:
I am looking forward to your daily reports and let me know how much fun Randy and Ron Miller are having without me!

Martha, in the lovely Hill Country,but would rather be diving at Cocoview.

A stubbed toe didn't seem to stop Captain Randy! :35:

See you next time down! :thumb:

see http://www.scubaboard.com/t57230.html :15:

for all of the gory details!

Doc,

It was good to meet you at CCV. We enjoyed our week (the second half of your survivor series), we arrived after CAP10 departed. Only 3 to CCV under our belt. After the whale shark, orcas, grey reefs and all the "good" stuff at Calvins and at the PA, this trip will be hard to beat. Finally found the orange ball corallimorphs along with Thor Shrimp. We're planning a few trips with Cap10 later this summer, and hopefully we'll be back at CCV later in the year.

Osmund came for a quick visit during Seaspace....just made us homesick.

Take care.

Back
Top Bottom