Coldest dive sites in USA

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Here in far north Texas and southern Oklahoma local lakes will bottom out at around 42f in deep winter.

Here in the far south of Canada, the Great Lakes will bottom out at 42f in the deep summer.:D

If we're talking Continental USA...
So, what...you believe the maps that show Alaska as a small island off the coast of California? The reality is that it is much of the continent as any other state except Hawaii.

In related news, last winter it was -70F in Tok (without "windchill"). You could go diving there - but I'm pretty sure it would be ice diving :)

um, dutch springs in nov in a 3mil. i was really cold.

and the quarry on new year's day - why, it's usually in the 50s! :D

Crater Lake, Oregon (national park service page here) is not the coldest lake (it is the deepest in the US), but when I dove it this July the water was 42F at the surface, with air temp over 100.

-Bryan

0F under water? I kinda seriously doubt that as thats -17 celcius and unless youre diving in liquid gas that would pretty much make it solid?

Cute and snarky. I made a mistake. 0C vs. 0F. Can we live with the fact that I have dived Arctic seawater which is less than 0C.

NudeDiver - stop with this Alaska-Lower 48 envy. No Cheechako here. Been doing some hard diving in real tough areas of Alaska. You get my drift -not Whittier shore diving.

X

Last edited:
Up here in Canada Les Escumis I dove in 35F and have heard the Empress of Ireland can go below 32F Lake Ontario at around 100ft is always around 42F to 45F even in mid summer, although this does not come close to Mr.X at 0F, or colder amazing considering sea water starts to freeze at about 30F or -1C ;-}

Up here in Canada Les Escumis I dove in 35F and have heard the Empress of Ireland can go below 32F Lake Ontario at around 100ft is always around 42F to 45F even in mid summer, although this does not come close to Mr.X at 0F or colder ;-}

Jump right in. The temperature is fine.

Gosh, are internet divers always such big wanks?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom