Columbia "Bricks"

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

great dive. In fact, I have made that dive with Luis no less than 5 or 6 times in the last 4 or 5 years. Those bricks have been there for quite sometime

5615mike:
great dive. In fact, I have made that dive with Luis no less than 5 or 6 times in the last 4 or 5 years. Those bricks have been there for quite sometime

Are you sure these are the same bricks? These bricks were clean and looked new. If they had been down there for 4 or 5 years, there would have growth. Either Wilma unconvered them or somone put new bricks there. And Luis is a big, fat liar if that is true. :D

Edit Added: I've dived with Aldora 5 times and have never done the brick site with Luis, Mario, Mateo, Gustavo or Bill. Luis specifically stated these bricks were the result of Wilma - not the usual Palancar Bricks. The dive was a nice one-time thing to see, along with seeing the anchor, but I wouldn't want to make the dive again.

ggunn:
Is this thread broken? It is behaving weirdly in my browser.

It's the current. :wink:

Dove the bricks with Blue X T Sea with Piedro on Jan. 5th. Is this the anchor you are talking about? Some of the bricks were placed to spell out Terry in the sand. Was this recent or been there awhile?

Looks like the same anchor, Manitou. The anchors (there are two that I know of) were uncovered by the hurricane. There is really no growth to speak of on either of the anchors and if you've seen older anchors that have been exposed, you will know what I mean.

As far as spelling Terry in with the bricks, no I didn't see it, but I think the DMs may be playing games and rearranging the bricks. :)

Back
Top Bottom