Combat Diver Training

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

hate to tell you guys this... but the spec op guys really do use Split Fin's and.... **gasp**.... Force Fins.

hires_071003-F-5957S-181.jpg

Nothing but respect for those guys....The running joke is if you use split fins, you will die!!!!!

Maybe they have special training for using them properly, or they are only used safely in the pool.... :idk::popcorn:

Guys... I think he was more or less making fun of the folks here that make fun of split fins than he was the military divers.....

you know.. the ones here that freak out if someone mentions split fins in a thread....

you know... these folks....
fins2.gif

It looked to me as if during the final mission, some of the divers were using split fins and others were using paddle fins (perhaps jet fins), and force fins as described above. This surprised me, given that I always thought that the military branches liked to have very standardized sets of gear. Can a military diver comment?

In an older episode, they did a similar profile on Marine Corps Recon. In that, it appeared that Jet Fins (or something very close) were used.

In any case, the skill and dedication of these soldiers is truly amazing.

My post was sarcasm aimed at the previous poster, not a jab at the Special Ops guys.

I wasn't special forces, and certainly not a combat diver, but the folks I knew who were (be they SEALS, force Recon, PJs or CACs) pretty much got to choose their own personal gear. During training almost everything is as uniform as possible, but there are always exceptions, especially on things like footwear (which I assume fins would be classified as) because the military recognizes (now) that not everyone is shaped the same. After training is finished, everyone has options for their gear as long as that gear falls within certain regulations and/or guidelines.

i watched the combat divers one last night and it was intense, they were getting like shouldered, spun, hit and everything underwater and having to stay calm and figure out where everything was (they were blind folded in a way) and get their oxygen. they did a whole swim and everything with restraints on. before i die i want to be able to meet these guys and just tell them how much respect i have for them for going through what they went through and for putting up with it and everything. i mean that it just an amazing amount of stuff to do. gotta love em

Back
Top Bottom