Comet Shore Dive - 9 mile point?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DeepBound

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Does anyone know if there is public access to dive from 9 mile point on Simcoe island in Kingston? Is there a line going from there to the Comet? Also do you know how much it costs to take the ferry there?

Thanks,
Neil

http://scubaq.ca/ontarioscubadiving/comet.htm

Do the ferry's cost money now? They used to be free...of course I could be dating myself. :-(

If you didn't like the Munson, I doubt you will like the Comet, other than the side wheel it is in much worse shape as far as wrecks go.

Unless you are looking to put another feather in your cap vis a vie long distance solo dives?

I got to see the Comet once before and I've wanted to go back so I could go under the deck. When I was there last time (from a boat) I couldnt go under the deck because I wasn't cave trained. I thought it was kind of neat, with the two 'smokestack' things and the paddle wheels.

The Munson wasn't bad, it's just that I read that it was the 'crown jewel' of Kingston shipwrecks, and it just wasn't what I expected.

Although the Comet's no further a swim than the Munson, the entire swim would be away from the tip of the island into the middle of the lake. With the munson it was basically a long swim along shore. Also the waves out there at the comet were pretty big last time I was there, I wouldn't want to have to surface swim to shore from there through those waves! Also it's deeper most of the way out there, and you'd get into deco if you swam along the bottom. I think I'll save that one for when I get a scooter :D But it doesn't hurt to plan the dives out now :)

smoritz0370:
Do the ferry's cost money now? They used to be free...of course I could be dating myself. :-(

If you didn't like the Munson, I doubt you will like the Comet, other than the side wheel it is in much worse shape as far as wrecks go.

Unless you are looking to put another feather in your cap vis a vie long distance solo dives?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom